Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No display on monitor

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 puts

puts

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:14 AM

Posted 23 May 2009 - 04:49 AM

I turn on my computer and There's no display in the monitor..I tried to clean The memory and video card, nothings happen.. Wen i detached the memory and video card in the mobo, and turn on again, There's nothing beeps or sound coming to the motherboard..what can i do to fix it?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fairjoeblue

fairjoeblue

• Members
  • 1,594 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2009 - 10:40 AM

It sounds like the motherboard has failed.

What brand is the computer ?
OCZ StealthXstream 700W,Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R , E8500, Arctic Freezer Pro 7, 3GB G.Skill PC8500,Gigabyte Radeon HD 4850 OC [1GB ], Seagate 250GB SATA II X2 in RAID 0, Samsung SATA DVD burner.

#3 puts

puts
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2009 - 10:30 PM

that is also my suspect Sir..Board problem.coz,I tried already trial and error

BTW,this is AMD brand

#4 possumbarnes

possumbarnes

• Members
  • 333 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:14 AM

Posted 23 May 2009 - 11:50 PM

Do you get the "CHECK FOR SIGNAL" or "NO SIGNAL DETECTED" box when you disconnect the video cable from the PC with the monitor on? Just want to be sure you've ruled out a bad display.

Just because there's no POST beeps during boot up does not mean the mobo is bad. BIOS set to silent boot will keep it from beeping sometimes on errors. I've seen power supplies cause that too. When there's no video, sometimes its shooting in the dark to figure out what the problem is. When you're talking computers, it could be anything causing it from the power supply to a bad optical drive. Not likely, but I would rule out everything else before starting with the mobo.

I learned that the hard way too many times.
What's more irrational--a guy who believes in a God he cannot see or a guy who is offended by a God he doesn't believe in?

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,236 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2009 - 12:36 PM

I would (temporarily) try a different power supply, for comparative purposes.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users