Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

repair, split, compress .pst file?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 abaumer

abaumer

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:14 AM

Posted 22 May 2009 - 06:24 PM

.pst file from Outlook Express seems to be corrupt now. Same computer had Virtumonde which I think is pretty well fixed up due to some good advice from this forum.

Hard to say if it's the virus or not corrupting the pst file though because the file shows as just over 2Gb which is the pst file limit anyway. Not sure how to go about repairing the file to save the contacts and some of the emails. Hesitant to use some of the online repair tools for fear that #1 we're getting ripped off for $129 or #2 they are scam repair tools that may troll through the pst info for little golden nuggets of goodness. We need to protect whatever customer information may be in the emails in the pst file.

Anyhow, you guys all seem to have good info about repairing everything else I've ever looked up. So how do I fix this .pst file so it can be used?

P.S. Tried running the MS whatever repair tool about 5 times. It always says there is something wrong after about 10 min. Not sure what that is all about.

Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users