Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

CD/DVD ROM troubles on Toshiba Satellite

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Diguptbones

Diguptbones

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:28 AM

Posted 22 May 2009 - 03:34 PM

I recently sent my laptop off to fix a problem with the power cord, and when I got it back the CD/DVD rom isn't being recognized.

The drivers appear to be up to date, at least whenever I search for the newest driver it comes back with the statement that all drivers for this hardware appear to be up to date.

Would it be possible that whoever took my computer apart to solder the power input back in unplugged the rom for whatever reason and maybe just forgot to hook it back up? I've taken apart several towers before but I've always been kind of afraid to take apart my laptop. Is it a much harder task when compared to tower assembly?

Anyway, I can still open and close the drive but when I insert a disc nothing happens. When I load the Device Manager, under DVD/CD Roms, it lists both devices with a yellow triangle and an exclamation point inside of them next to them. When I view the properties of each it gives me the following error:
"Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)"

Any help is greatly appreciated in advance!

Thanks so much!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users