Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pop-ups, Pop-unders, and avast trojan warnings

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
17 replies to this topic

#1 Radio Waves

Radio Waves

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:32 PM

Posted 22 May 2009 - 11:38 AM

I'm pretty sure I have some sort of infection going on. While avast keeps blocking connections to some pop-ups (labeling them trojan warnings), I'm still getting 2-3 pop-ups visiting many sites, and will frequently get pop-unders that require dialog box clicks to navigate away from them. The latter are typically the ones from which I get trojan warnings.

I seem to be getting blocked from downloading certain malware removal programs, and if I can download them -- there is an issue updating them (error messages and installation failures).
A lot of the popups seem to be coming from mtn3. I don't know where the pop-unders are coming from. At first it was just a bit of a nuisance, but it is starting to become unbearable.

Scans I have run: avast, avira AntiVir personal, an outdated malwarebytes anti-malware scan, and ad-aware.
these have come up with cookies, but nothing I quarantine or remove appears to make any difference.

Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Edit:
Some added information.
I'm running Vista on a Dell Laptop.
Also, the ads I get on sites really don't belong there -- as in don't match up with the subject matter of the site, or target demographic. They don't match up with the subject matter I used to get just a few months back.

Edited by Radio Waves, 22 May 2009 - 03:21 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2009 - 03:18 PM

hello and welcome..
Some types of malware will disable MBAM (MalwareBytes) and other security tools. If MBAM will not install, try renaming it.

Before saving any of your security programs, rename them first. For example, before you save Malwarebytes', rename it to something like MBblah.exe and then click on Save and save it to your desktop. Same thing after you install it. Before running it, rename the main executable file first
Right-click on the mbam-setup.exe file and change the .exe extension to .bat, .com, .pif, or .scr and then double-click on it to run.

If after installation, MBAM will not run, open the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware folder in Program Files, right-click on mbam.exe and change the .exe as noted above. Then double-click on it to run..

Another work around is by not using the mouse to install it, Just use the arrow keys, tab, and enter keys.
Open up command prompt, type in following commands:
XP >> click the Start menu at the lower-left of your computer's desktop and select "Run". Type cmd into the Run box and click "OK".
Vista >> click the Start menu at the lower-left of your computer's desktop and Type cmd in the search box.

regsvr32 mbamext.dll
regsvr32 ssubtmr6.dll
regsvr32 vbalsgrid6.ocx
regsvr32 zlib.dll

If you cannot use the Internet,you will need access to another computer that has a connection.
From there save mbam-setup.exe to a flash,usb,jump drive or CD. Now transfer it to the infected machine, then install and run the program.
If you cannot transfer to or install on the infected machine, try running the setup (installation) file directly from the flash drive or CD by double-clicking on mbam-setup.exe so it will install on the hard drive.

Manually Downloading Updates:
Manually download them from HERE and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install. Alternatively, you can update through MBAM's interface from a clean computer, copy the definitions (rules.ref) located in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from that system to a usb stick or CD and then copy it to the infected machine.

Try this random renamer for MBAM
http://kixhelp.com/wr/files/mb/randmbam.exe
Try using a System Retore Point prior to the date of infection. You may be able to update and run MBam. Note this did not remove the malware.
Windows XP System Restore Guide

Try running MBAM again and post the log..

Then try these
Run ATF and SAS:
From your regular user account..
Download Attribune's ATF Cleaner and then SUPERAntiSpyware , Free Home Version. Save both to desktop ..
DO NOT run yet.
Open SUPER from icon and install and Update it
Under Scanner Options make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):
Close browsers before scanning.
Scan for tracking cookies.
Terminate memory threats before quarantining
Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen and exit the program. DO NOT run yet.

Now reboot into Safe Mode: How to enter safe mode(XP)
Using the F8 Method
Restart your computer.
When the machine first starts again it will generally list some equipment that is installed in your machine, amount of memory, hard drives installed etc. At this point you should gently tap the F8 key repeatedly until you are presented with a Windows XP Advanced Options menu.
Select the option for Safe Mode using the arrow keys.
Then press enter on your keyboard to boot into Safe Mode

Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
Under Main "Select Files to Delete" choose: Select All.
Click the Empty Selected button.

If you use Firefox or Opera browser click that browser at the top and choose: Select All
Click the Empty Selected button.
If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program

NOW Scan with SUPER
Open from the desktop icon or the program Files list
On the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive.
Perform a Complete scan. After scan,Verify they are all checked.
Click OK on the summary screen to quarantine all found items.
If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes" and reboot normally.

To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.
Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.
Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.
If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log.
A text file will open in your default text editor.
Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply.
Click Close to exit the program.

Please ask any needed questions,post logs and Let us know how the PC is running now.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Radio Waves

Radio Waves
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2009 - 08:21 PM

Here's my Malwarebytes report (found nothing), I got the update finally from the direct link you posted.
I'm working on the ATF Cleaner and SUPERAntiSpyware right now.

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.36
Database version: 2162
Windows 6.0.6001 Service Pack 1

5/22/2009 7:33:26 PM
mbam-log-2009-05-22 (19-33-26).txt

Scan type: Full Scan (C:\|)
Objects scanned: 238720
Time elapsed: 2 hour(s), 55 minute(s), 45 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

#4 Radio Waves

Radio Waves
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2009 - 09:21 AM

Here's my SUPERAntiSpyware Log. It found a trojan, but I was wondering, what are the chances that what it found was causing the problems I was experiencing?

SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log
http://www.superantispyware.com

Generated 05/23/2009 at 05:00 AM

Application Version : 4.26.1002

Core Rules Database Version : 3907
Trace Rules Database Version: 1852

Scan type : Complete Scan
Total Scan Time : 01:49:25

Memory items scanned : 281
Memory threats detected : 0
Registry items scanned : 9512
Registry threats detected : 0
File items scanned : 154261
File threats detected : 76

Trojan.Dropper/Gen
C:\USERS\JKFII\APPDATA\LOCAL\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\TEMPORARY INTERNET FILES\CONTENT.IE5\1C2BHJNS\SETUP_NVD[2].EXE

Adware.Tracking Cookie
C:\Users\jkfii\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\jkfii@hitbox[2].txt
C:\Users\jkfii\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\jkfii@247realmedia[1].txt
C:\Users\jkfii\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\jkfii@2o7[1].txt
C:\Users\jkfii\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\jkfii@2o7[2].txt
C:\Users\jkfii\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\jkfii@2o7[3].txt
C:\Users\jkfii\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\jkfii@ad.yieldmanager[2].txt
C:\Users\jkfii\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\jkfii@ad.yieldmanager[3].txt
C:\Users\jkfii\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\jkfii@ad.yieldmanager[4].txt
C:\Users\jkfii\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\jkfii@ad.yieldmanager[5].txt
C:\Users\jkfii\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\jkfii@ad3.clickhype[1].txt
C:\Users\jkfii\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\jkfii@adbrite[1].txt
C:\Users\jkfii\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\jkfii@adbureau[1].txt
C:\Users\jkfii\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\jkfii@adlegend[2].txt
C:\Users\jkfii\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\jkfii@adrevolver[1].txt
C:\Users\jkfii\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\jkfii@adrevolver[2].txt
C:\Users\jkfii\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\jkfii@ads.adultswim[2].txt
C:\Users\jkfii\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\jkfii@ads.boonty[2].txt
C:\Users\jkfii\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\jkfii@ads.imarketservices[1].txt
C:\Users\jkfii\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\jkfii@ads.pointroll[1].txt
C:\Users\jkfii\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\jkfii@ads.pointroll[2].txt
C:\Users\jkfii\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\jkfii@adultswim[2].txt
C:\Users\jkfii\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\jkfii@anad.tacoda[1].txt
C:\Users\jkfii\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\jkfii@anat.tacoda[1].txt
C:\Users\jkfii\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\jkfii@apmebf[1].txt
C:\Users\jkfii\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\jkfii@at.atwola[2].txt
C:\Users\jkfii\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\jkfii@atdmt[2].txt
C:\Users\jkfii\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\jkfii@atdmt[3].txt
C:\Users\jkfii\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\jkfii@atdmt[4].txt
C:\Users\jkfii\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\jkfii@atwola[2].txt
C:\Users\jkfii\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\jkfii@atwola[3].txt
C:\Users\jkfii\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\jkfii@bs.serving-sys[2].txt
C:\Users\jkfii\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\jkfii@burstnet[2].txt
C:\Users\jkfii\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\jkfii@cbs.112.2o7[1].txt
C:\Users\jkfii\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\jkfii@cbsdigitalmedia.112.2o7[1].txt
C:\Users\jkfii\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\jkfii@collective-media[2].txt
C:\Users\jkfii\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\jkfii@doubleclick[1].txt
C:\Users\jkfii\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\jkfii@doubleclick[2].txt
C:\Users\jkfii\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\jkfii@dynamic.media.adrevolver[2].txt
C:\Users\jkfii\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\jkfii@ehg-foxsports.hitbox[2].txt
C:\Users\jkfii\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\jkfii@ehg-space.hitbox[1].txt
C:\Users\jkfii\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\jkfii@hitbox[2].txt
C:\Users\jkfii\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\jkfii@iacas.adbureau[1].txt
C:\Users\jkfii\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\jkfii@imrworldwide[2].txt
C:\Users\jkfii\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\jkfii@imrworldwide[3].txt
C:\Users\jkfii\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\jkfii@insightexpressai[1].txt
C:\Users\jkfii\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\jkfii@kontera[2].txt
C:\Users\jkfii\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\jkfii@media.adrevolver[2].txt
C:\Users\jkfii\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\jkfii@media.ps3.ign[1].txt
C:\Users\jkfii\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\jkfii@media.xbox360.ign[2].txt
C:\Users\jkfii\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\jkfii@mediaplex[1].txt
C:\Users\jkfii\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\jkfii@mediaplex[2].txt
C:\Users\jkfii\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\jkfii@microsoftwindows.112.2o7[1].txt
C:\Users\jkfii\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\jkfii@msnaccountservices.112.2o7[1].txt
C:\Users\jkfii\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\jkfii@nitropayouts.directtrack[1].txt
C:\Users\jkfii\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\jkfii@oasc09.247realmedia[1].txt
C:\Users\jkfii\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\jkfii@oasc10.247realmedia[1].txt
C:\Users\jkfii\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\jkfii@perf.overture[1].txt
C:\Users\jkfii\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\jkfii@pitchforkmedia[2].txt
C:\Users\jkfii\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\jkfii@precisionclick[2].txt
C:\Users\jkfii\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\jkfii@questionmarket[2].txt
C:\Users\jkfii\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\jkfii@revsci[1].txt
C:\Users\jkfii\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\jkfii@revsci[2].txt
C:\Users\jkfii\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\jkfii@richmedia.yahoo[2].txt
C:\Users\jkfii\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\jkfii@serving-sys[2].txt
C:\Users\jkfii\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\jkfii@tacoda[2].txt
C:\Users\jkfii\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\jkfii@tacoda[3].txt
C:\Users\jkfii\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\jkfii@track.cbs[1].txt
C:\Users\jkfii\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\jkfii@trafficmp[1].txt
C:\Users\jkfii\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\jkfii@tribalfusion[2].txt
C:\Users\jkfii\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\jkfii@usatoday1.112.2o7[1].txt
C:\Users\jkfii\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\jkfii@www.burstnet[1].txt
C:\Users\jkfii\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\jkfii@www.millionhitcounters[1].txt
C:\Users\jkfii\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\jkfii@yadro[1].txt
C:\Users\jkfii\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\jkfii@zedo[1].txt
C:\Users\jkfii\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\jkfii@zedo[2].txt

#5 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2009 - 07:10 PM

Yes this type of Dropper malware can be the cause.

A dropper is usually a standalone program that drops different type of standalone malware (trojans, worms, backdoors) to a system. A typical trojan dropper is a file that contains a few other files compressed inside its body.

http://www.f-secure.com/v-descs/trojdrop.shtml

How is is running now, Popups gone?
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#6 Radio Waves

Radio Waves
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2009 - 09:35 AM

The pop-ups are gone it seems, but I'm still getting some redirects when I click on links, and something is still blocking definition and program updates to Malwarebytes, SUPERAntiSpyware, and, recently discovered, Windows Defender as well.

There's still something going on, but it isn't getting detected.

#7 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2009 - 11:39 AM

hi ,the MBam engine was upgraded, let's do one more.

Manually Downloading Updates:
Manually download them from HERE and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install. Alternatively, you can update through MBAM's interface from a clean computer, copy the definitions (rules.ref) located in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from that system to a usb stick or CD and then copy it to the infected machine.

Rerun MBAM like this:

Open MBAM in normal mode and click Update tab, select Check for Updates,when done
click Scanner tab,select Quick scan and scan.
After scan click Remove Selected, Post new scan log and Reboot into normal mode.

Edited by boopme, 29 May 2009 - 11:42 AM.

#8 Radio Waves

Radio Waves
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2009 - 12:03 PM

Alright, tried to update MBAM through the program itself but I was still getting error messages.
So, I tried to access the MBAM website, but when I would click it would either tell me the page was not found, or redirect me to a search page (which avast! would then block for being malicious).
Finally got the newest version available on download.com (v. 1.37) -- downloaded and installed the program, and tried to see if there were any updated definitions. No luck again, just error messages. I went forward with a quick scan with definitions as of 5/27. Found absolutely nothing, but there's clearly something there.
here's the log:

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.37
Database version: 2182

5/29/2009 12:54:22 PM
mbam-log-2009-05-29 (12-54-22).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan
Objects scanned: 79666
Time elapsed: 4 minute(s), 1 second(s)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

** edit: did a manual definition update... same definition version, same result.

Edited by Radio Waves, 29 May 2009 - 12:24 PM.

#9 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2009 - 12:21 PM

Please download GooredFix and save it to your Desktop. Double-click Goored.exe to run it. Select 1. Find Goored (no fix) by typing 1 and pressing Enter. A log will open, please post the contents of that log in your next reply (it can also be found on your desktop, called Goored.txt). Note: Do not run Option #2 yet.

#10 Radio Waves

Radio Waves
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2009 - 12:39 PM

Here's the log:

GooredFix v1.92 by jpshortstuff
Log created at 13:38 on 29/05/2009 running Option #1 (jkfii)
Firefox version 3.0.10 (en-US)

=====Suspect Goored Entries=====

=====Dumping Registry Values=====

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mozilla\Mozilla Firefox 3.0.10\extensions]
"Plugins"="C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\plugins"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mozilla\Mozilla Firefox 3.0.10\extensions]
"Components"="C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\components"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mozilla\Firefox\extensions]
"{000a9d1c-beef-4f90-9363-039d445309b8}"="C:\Program Files\Google\Google Gears\Firefox\"

"{20a82645-c095-46ed-80e3-08825760534b}"="C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.5\Windows Presentation Foundation\DotNetAssistantExtension\"

"{B7082FAA-CB62-4872-9106-E42DD88EDE45}"="C:\Program Files\McAfee\SiteAdvisor"

#11 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2009 - 02:04 PM

Well that's not it.. We are going to run one more tool in 2 parts if needed.. If not we have to go to HJT.

Please run Part 1 of S!Ri's SmitfraudFix
Please download SmitfraudFix

Double-click SmitfraudFix.exe
Select option #1 - Search by typing 1 and press "Enter"; a text file will appear, which lists infected files (if present).
Please copy/paste the content of that report into your next reply.

Note : process.exe is detected by some antivirus programs (AntiVir, Dr.Web, Kaspersky) as a "RiskTool"; it is not a virus, but a program used to stop system processes. Antivirus programs cannot distinguish between "good" and "malicious" use of such programs, therefore they may alert the user.
http://www.beyondlogic.org/consulting/proc...processutil.htm

#12 Radio Waves

Radio Waves
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2009 - 03:17 PM

ran it...
here's the log:

SmitFraudFix v2.417

Scan done at 16:14:26.28, Fri 05/29/2009
Run from C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\SmitfraudFix
The filesystem type is NTFS
Fix run in normal mode

Process

C:\Windows\system32\csrss.exe
C:\Windows\system32\wininit.exe
C:\Windows\system32\csrss.exe
C:\Windows\system32\services.exe
C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe
C:\Windows\system32\lsm.exe
C:\Windows\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Windows\system32\nvvsvc.exe
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Windows\system32\SLsvc.exe
C:\Windows\system32\rundll32.exe
C:\Windows\System32\WLTRYSVC.EXE
C:\Windows\System32\bcmwltry.exe
C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\aawservice.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe
C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
C:\Windows\System32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe
C:\Program Files\DellTPad\Apoint.exe
C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe
C:\Windows\OEM02Mon.exe
C:\Program Files\Creative\SBAudigy\Volume Panel\VolPanlu.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe
C:\Program Files\DELL\MediaDirect\PCMService.exe
C:\Windows\System32\WLTRAY.EXE
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashDisp.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell Support Center\bin\sprtcmd.exe
C:\Program Files\Lexmark 4800 Series\lxdemon.exe
C:\Program Files\Lexmark 4800 Series\lxdeamon.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\hpwuSchd2.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\SigmaTel\C-Major Audio\WDM\sttray.exe
C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe
C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe
C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Xbox 360 Accessories\XBoxStat.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\DellSupport\DSAgnt.exe
C:\Users\jkfii\AppData\Local\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe
C:\Windows\system32\aestsrv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Small Business\Business Contact Manager\BcmSqlStartupSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Creative Labs Shared\Service\CreativeLicensing.exe
C:\Windows\system32\CTsvcCDA.exe
C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SUPERAntiSpyware.exe
C:\Program Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software\BTTray.exe
C:\Program Files\Digital Line Detect\DLG.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
C:\Program Files\DELL\QuickSet\quickset.exe
C:\Program Files\MOG-O-MATIC\MogClient.exe
C:\Windows\system32\lxdecoms.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee\SiteAdvisor\McSACore.exe
C:\Windows\system32\rundll32.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE
c:\Program Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software\BtStackServer.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared\9.0\SharedCOM\RoxWatch9.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Search Enhancement Pack\SeaPort\SeaPort.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell Support Center\bin\sprtsvc.exe
c:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Shared\sqlbrowser.exe
c:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Shared\sqlwriter.exe
C:\Windows\system32\STacSV.exe
C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Common\ViewpointService.exe
C:\Windows\system32\SearchIndexer.exe
C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\xaudio.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashWebSv.exe
c:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Binn\sqlservr.exe
C:\Program Files\DellTPad\ApMsgFwd.exe
C:\Windows\system32\wbem\unsecapp.exe
C:\Program Files\DellTPad\HidFind.exe
C:\Program Files\DellTPad\Apntex.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\Windows\system32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe
C:\Windows\System32\alg.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqSTE08.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqbam08.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqgpc01.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
c:\program files\common files\installshield\updateservice\isuspm.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\agent.exe
C:\Program Files\Last.fm\LastFM.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunes.exe
C:\Windows\system32\SearchProtocolHost.exe
C:\Windows\system32\SearchFilterHost.exe
C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe
C:\Windows\system32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe

hosts

C:\

C:\Windows

C:\Windows\system

C:\Windows\Web

C:\Windows\system32

C:\Windows\system32\LogFiles

C:\Users\jkfii

C:\Users\jkfii\AppData\Local\Temp

C:\Users\jkfii\Application Data

Start Menu

C:\Users\jkfii\FAVORI~1

Desktop

C:\Program Files

C:\Program Files\Google\googletoolbar1.dll FOUND !

Corrupted keys

Desktop Components

o4Patch
!!!Attention, following keys are not inevitably infected!!!

o4Patch
Credits: Malware Analysis & Diagnostic
Code: S!Ri

IEDFix

IEDFix

Agent.OMZ.Fix

Agent.OMZ.Fix

VACFix

VACFix

404Fix

404Fix

Sharedtaskscheduler

SrchSTS.exe by S!Ri
Search SharedTaskScheduler's .dll

AppInit_DLLs

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows]
"AppInit_DLLs"=""
"LoadAppInit_DLLs"=dword:00000001

Winlogon

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
"Userinit"="C:\\Windows\\system32\\userinit.exe,"

RK

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]

DNS

Description: Intel® Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN
DNS Server Search Order: 192.168.1.1

HKLM\SYSTEM\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{1632CF97-5925-4157-903F-FE33B4612A94}: DhcpNameServer=192.168.1.1
HKLM\SYSTEM\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{78D2D51E-A989-4734-B977-106D0DB15CE6}: DhcpNameServer=137.159.10.10 137.159.198.12
HKLM\SYSTEM\CS1\Services\Tcpip\..\{1632CF97-5925-4157-903F-FE33B4612A94}: DhcpNameServer=192.168.1.1
HKLM\SYSTEM\CS1\Services\Tcpip\..\{78D2D51E-A989-4734-B977-106D0DB15CE6}: DhcpNameServer=137.159.10.10 137.159.198.12
HKLM\SYSTEM\CS2\Services\Tcpip\..\{1632CF97-5925-4157-903F-FE33B4612A94}: DhcpNameServer=192.168.1.1
HKLM\SYSTEM\CS2\Services\Tcpip\..\{78D2D51E-A989-4734-B977-106D0DB15CE6}: DhcpNameServer=137.159.10.10 137.159.198.12
HKLM\SYSTEM\CCS\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: DhcpNameServer=192.168.1.1
HKLM\SYSTEM\CS1\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: DhcpNameServer=192.168.1.1
HKLM\SYSTEM\CS2\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: DhcpNameServer=192.168.1.1

Scanning for wininet.dll infection

End

#13 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2009 - 03:46 PM

OK, we have some hits here so now run the cleaner.

You should print out these instructions, or copy them to a Notepad file for reading while in Safe Mode, because you will not be able to connect to the Internet to read from this site.

Please reboot your computer in Safe Mode by doing the following :
  • Restart your computer
  • After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, tap the F8 key continually;
  • Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu with options should appear;
  • Select the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode, then press "Enter".
  • Choose your usual account.
Once in Safe Mode, double-click SmitfraudFix.exe
Select option #2 - Clean by typing 2 and press "Enter" to delete infected files.

You will be prompted : "Registry cleaning - Do you want to clean the registry ?"; answer "Yes" by typing Y and press "Enter" in order to remove the Desktop background and clean registry keys associated with the infection.

The tool will now check if wininet.dll is infected. You may be prompted to replace the infected file (if found); answer "Yes" by typing Y and press "Enter".

The tool may need to restart your computer to finish the cleaning process; if it doesn't, please restart anyway into normal Windows. A text file will appear onscreen, with results from the cleaning process; please copy/paste the content of that report into your next reply.
The report can also be found at the root of the system drive, usually at C:\rapport.txt

One more
Rerun MBAM like this:

Open MBAM in normal mode and click Update tab, select Check for Updates,when done
click Scanner tab,select Quick scan and scan.
After scan click Remove Selected, Post new scan log and Reboot into normal mode.

#14 Radio Waves

Radio Waves
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2009 - 04:34 PM

Here's the log for the cleaner:

SmitFraudFix v2.417

Scan done at 17:11:08.91, Fri 05/29/2009
Run from C:\Users\jkfii\Downloads\SmitfraudFix
The filesystem type is NTFS
Fix run in safe mode

SharedTaskScheduler Before SmitFraudFix

SrchSTS.exe by S!Ri

Killing process

hosts

127.0.0.1 localhost
::1 localhost

VACFix

VACFix

Winsock2 Fix

S!Ri's WS2Fix: LSP not Found.

Generic Renos Fix

GenericRenosFix by S!Ri

Deleting infected files

C:\Program Files\Google\googletoolbar1.dll Deleted

IEDFix

IEDFix

Agent.OMZ.Fix

Agent.OMZ.Fix

404Fix

404Fix

RK

DNS

HKLM\SYSTEM\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{1632CF97-5925-4157-903F-FE33B4612A94}: DhcpNameServer=192.168.1.1
HKLM\SYSTEM\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{78D2D51E-A989-4734-B977-106D0DB15CE6}: DhcpNameServer=137.159.10.10 137.159.198.12
HKLM\SYSTEM\CS1\Services\Tcpip\..\{1632CF97-5925-4157-903F-FE33B4612A94}: DhcpNameServer=192.168.1.1
HKLM\SYSTEM\CS1\Services\Tcpip\..\{78D2D51E-A989-4734-B977-106D0DB15CE6}: DhcpNameServer=137.159.10.10 137.159.198.12
HKLM\SYSTEM\CS2\Services\Tcpip\..\{1632CF97-5925-4157-903F-FE33B4612A94}: DhcpNameServer=192.168.1.1
HKLM\SYSTEM\CS2\Services\Tcpip\..\{78D2D51E-A989-4734-B977-106D0DB15CE6}: DhcpNameServer=137.159.10.10 137.159.198.12
HKLM\SYSTEM\CCS\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: DhcpNameServer=192.168.1.1
HKLM\SYSTEM\CS1\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: DhcpNameServer=192.168.1.1
HKLM\SYSTEM\CS2\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: DhcpNameServer=192.168.1.1

Deleting Temp Files

Winlogon.System

RK.2

Registry Cleaning

Registry Cleaning done.

SharedTaskScheduler After SmitFraudFix

SrchSTS.exe by S!Ri

End

I then ran MBAM and attempted to update it, but still got the same error message with the code 732 (12007)

Here's the log for the quick scan that I did -- still nothing found:

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.37
Database version: 2182

5/29/2009 17:32:35
mbam-log-2009-05-29 (17-32-35).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan
Objects scanned: 79417
Time elapsed: 4 minute(s), 10 second(s)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

#15 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2009 - 09:03 PM

OK, how about the redirects?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users