Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What is this?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 chua_140819

chua_140819

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 AM

Posted 22 May 2009 - 03:30 AM

I tried everything to eliminate all the viruses present in my computer, even malwares and spywares, but my PC acts strange again. Everytime I use my computer, it always shows the BSOD which has the following errors

STOP : 0x00000050 (0xE319B000 0x00000001 0x8057DABB 0x00000001)

and

STOP : 0x0000007B (0xF9D88528 0xC0000034 0x00000000 0x00000000)

please help me. :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,277 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:48 AM

Posted 22 May 2009 - 08:44 AM

The symptoms you describe could be symptomatic of a variety of things to include hardware/software issues, overheating caused by a failed processor fan, bad memory (RAM), failing or underpowered power supply, CPU overheating, motherboard, video card, faulty or unsigned device drivers, CMOS battery going bad, BIOS and firmware problems, dirty hardware components, programs hanging or unresponsive in the background, and even malware. If the computer is overheating, it usually begins to shutdown/restart on a more regular basis.

I have seen this error related to the Spyware.Service.MiscrosoftUpdate (Trojan) rootkit. Some rootkits can trigger BSODs, shutdowns and various stop error/shutdown messages so it would be wise to perform an anti-rootkit scan to at least investigate that as a possible cause.
Also see STOP 0x00000050 PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA for non-malware explanation.

Edited by quietman7, 22 May 2009 - 08:45 AM.

Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 cosmic_sniper05

cosmic_sniper05

• Members
  • 196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:48 PM

Posted 22 May 2009 - 09:24 AM

I checked the links given above and found that some rootkits are "legitimate" which makes rootkit removal sensitive. Wouldn't it cause much trouble than solution?
Let's have a mental fusion!
Let us do our part to make this world a truly symbiotic place.

For other computer problems, this blog might be helpful:
http://cosmicsniper.blogspot.com

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,277 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:48 AM

Posted 22 May 2009 - 03:45 PM

Not all hidden components detected by ARKs are malicious. It is normal for a Firewall, some Anti-virus and Anti-malware software (ProcessGuard, Prevx1, AVG AS), sandboxes, virtual machines and Host based Intrusion Prevention Systems (HIPS) to hook into the OS kernal/SSDT in order to protect your system. SSDT (System Service Descriptor Table) is a table that stores addresses of functions that are used by Windows. Whenever a function is called, Windows looks in this table to find the address for it. Both Legitimate programs and rootkits can hook into and alter this table. You should not be alarmed if you see any hidden entries created by legitimate programs after performing a scan.

You need to investigate the suspicious ones either by doing a Google search or go to Jotti's virusscan or VirusTotal. In the "File to upload & scan" box, browse to the location of the suspicious file(s) and submit (upload) it for scanning/analysis.
-- Post back with the results of the file analysis.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users