Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Toshiba Satellite A105-S1712 processor

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 RacefanofJr

RacefanofJr

• Members
  • 316 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:30 PM

Posted 22 May 2009 - 01:02 AM

Hi to my great family at Bleepingcomputer !!!
I have a Toshiba Satellite A105-S1712 laptop , with a 1.6MHz processor in it and I'd like to find out how big of a processor I can put in it. The processor thats in it now is a Intel Celeron M 380 / 1.6 GHz and a 400.0 MHz front side buss. It is an ATI Radeon Xpress 200M chipset. I have a few processors laying around but I don't know what will work and what may harm the laptop if I install the wrong size. I have already upgraded the RAM to 2GB.
Does anyone have any info on this ?
Any and all help is much appreciated !!!!!!
The measure of man's real character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DavisMcCarn

DavisMcCarn

• Members
  • 766 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:30 PM

Posted 22 May 2009 - 06:17 AM

Any Pentium M will work. The fastest processor you can get is the 2266MHz Pentium M 780
But; you will see a greater improvement by replacing the hard disk drive. The 4200RPM dog put in most Toshiba's gets about 24MBps; a 7200RPM drive would kick that up to 60MBps+.

Edited by DavisMcCarn, 22 May 2009 - 06:18 AM.

Computer dinosaur, servicing PC's since 1976

#3 RacefanofJr

RacefanofJr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 316 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2009 - 09:38 AM

Thank you for the reply !!! I will look around and see what I can come up with in the hard drive dept. That does sem like the easier way to go also !
Thanks for the great info !!!!
The measure of man's real character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

#4 DavisMcCarn

DavisMcCarn

• Members
  • 766 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:30 PM

Posted 22 May 2009 - 09:48 AM

Try this one: http://www.mwave.com/mwave/skusearch_v3.as...riteria=CA75032
Computer dinosaur, servicing PC's since 1976

#5 RacefanofJr

RacefanofJr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 316 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2009 - 09:59 AM

Thank you for adding that last reply because I had forgot that the hard drive was SATA ! :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users