Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Casual daily games

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 benny269

benny269

• Members
  • 158 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:38 AM

Posted 21 May 2009 - 09:03 PM

Hi

I've only just come across these myself but there's a bunch of basic, quick and easy short online games by Motion-Twist that you might like. These are basically mini-games with some kind of play limitation (i.e. 3 plays a day) in an overall storyline. Its completely free and quite a fun way of starting your day online - or at least that's when I play them. They do a whole lot but my favourites are:

Alpha Bounce - This is a version of Breakout with a HUGE map of a galaxy, each square of which is a level of Breakout. Its very rich with loads of missions and powerups and got me hooked real quick.

Posted Image

My Brute - This is a game you can try without even signing up. Its a Street Fighter style fighter game but has no human interaction. You literally just design a player, name him (or her for that matter) and pick his battles and enter him into fight tournaments. He gains experience, increases ability levels and earns weapons and whatnot. Its weirdly addictive too once you get started.

Posted Image

They do a bunch of other games too (some like Carapass are entirely in French but still of similar simple limited play gaming). Check them out.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:38 AM

Posted 22 May 2009 - 08:10 AM

"Motion-Twin's web games are free. Users can enjoy playing for free every day. It is possible to speed up the progression of the game or of playing for a longer time. This possibility is available through payment. Players who make use of this possibility allows Motion-Twin to cover the running costs of this type of web pages."

Edited by jgweed, 22 May 2009 - 08:56 AM.

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 benny269

benny269
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 158 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2009 - 08:35 AM

I'm unaware as to what has come up/been said before but I don't see why you would classify it as spam. In this particular case, the paid element of the game merely buys you more 'turns'. Paying for the game or playing for free, in either case the choice has no effect on the gameplay, it simply affects the speed at which you can progress through it.

I am told that in some of their games (such as Carapass) you can actually use the in-game currency earned at every level to bid (auction-style) for more turns in that or their other games. Personally I would like to see this type of management rolled out across all of their games and bringing all the mini-games under one roof as some sort of social network. Perhaps something like that already exists?

#4 hulander

hulander

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:08 PM

Posted 13 June 2009 - 05:52 AM

These are really good games for time pass especially when you are tired working..
Thanks for sharing this with us..Posted Image
Technology Lover...Posted Image

#5 benny269

benny269
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 158 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2009 - 09:45 AM

Glad you liked it. Pass them on so someone else can join in on the fun! Better yet, post your own suggestions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users