Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

intermittant internet connection

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 martinkeys

martinkeys

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:39 AM

Posted 21 May 2009 - 08:33 PM

Hi everyone. I'm new here and would appreciate any help.

I have had an intermittant internet connection for a couple of months. This is a message I get when I use 'Go to my PC'. Basically, it takes 30 to 45 seconds to go to another page, if it goes at all. I mostly just restart move several times. When I play artist music files on MySpace (the worst offender), I get 30 seconds of the tune and then it just stops. Can't restart it. I choose another song and half the time it won't even start. YouTube works mostly OK.

I use wireless and wired connection. Same problem with both. I have disabled just about everything but Norton AntiVirus on my Startup items. I disabled their Spyware feature also. I click an icon that gives me "wireless network connection status", General Tab, Activity section. This shows constant packets sent at about 10 per second. The received packets hang up and just sits there for over a minute or so, then maybe restarts.

I don't know if it is related, but at boot up I receive the following messages;

Data Execution Prevention. Microsoft Windows.
Generic Host Process for win32 Services
Close Message tab. I click it.

Then,
Generic Host Process for win32 Services encountered a problem and needed to close.
Don't Send. I click it.

Then,
Data Execution Prevention. Microsoft Windows.
To help protect your computer, Windows closed this program.
Generic Host Process for win32 Services
Close Message tab. I click it.

There you have it. Any suggestions?
Martin

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users