Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lest We Forget

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Members
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA
  • Local time:08:48 AM

Posted 21 May 2009 - 04:57 PM

Had a friend send me a link to work conducted to day for the USA Memorial Day Activities.

http://www.army.mil/-newsreleases/2009/05/...ional-cemetery/

I participated in '89 with Honor as I was preparing to retire.
I was amazed at the number of on-lookers that day.
I got some hugs and handshakes from a few as I finished and departed.
Wife had to drive home because I couldn't see.

'Let Freedom Ring'....
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Pandy

Pandy

Bleepin'

• Members
  • 9,559 posts
  •  

Posted 21 May 2009 - 09:42 PM

Posted Image

As we celebrate this weekend, please everyone, Be Safe, and let us remember that the basic freedoms we hold dear were fought and paid for. Thank you to the ones who have made the ultimate sacrifice to uphold our rights. Never Forget.

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

Hide not your talents. They for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?

~ Benjamin Franklin

I am a Bleeping Computer fan! Are you?

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

#3 Galadriel

Galadriel

Bleepin Elf

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,753 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:48 AM

Posted 21 May 2009 - 10:17 PM

Thank you Koan and Pandy, and a big Thank You to all who have sacrificed so much.

This is a very particular period for everyone who's lost a family member that was in the service. I certainly, will not forget.
I cemna prestar aen. Han mathon ne nen. Han mathon ne chae. A han noston ne 'wilith. - Galadriel
'The avatar is changed; I can feel it in the water, I can feel it in the earth, I can smell it in the air.'

Phear teh ceiling cat, for he is roofkittehd! - Basement Cat

I'm a Bleeping Folder, are you? - Join BC in the fight against diseases - Click here
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#4 scff249

scff249

Indecisive Lurker

• Members
  • 1,319 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:48 AM

Posted 21 May 2009 - 10:41 PM

We shouldn't forget those that fought to protect us. To forget is to dishonor their sacrifice.

"Ototo'i wa usagi o mita no...Kino wa shika...Kyo wa anata." -Kotomi Ichinose (Clannad) [see below for translation]
"Day before yesterday I saw a rabbit, and yesterday a deer, and today, you." -The Dandelion Girl
"You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person." -Katawa Shoujo

#5 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA

Posted 25 May 2009 - 11:06 AM

I was at my small towns ceremony this morning.
No WWII or before Vets - all here gone now.
A few Korean and a number of Viet Nam Vets.
No parade but the local HS band did play.

Was a serious 9am call.

Sleep well tonight. Our Forces watch over us.
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

#6 MissPlaced

MissPlaced

• Members
  • 929 posts
  •  

Posted 25 May 2009 - 09:47 PM

There will never ever be enough words to Honor and Thank those that serve now or in the past or that have fallen, to keep us safe ..i have nothing but humble Respect for all of our Military men and women.
this past thursday we layed my mother to rest at Fort Indiantown Gap beside my father(Air Force), as we past those paying their respect's to our fallen,Several took a moment to Salute the Funeral procession...that truely touched my heart...and once again brought home the subtle message..our Freedom's came with an pretty hefty price
May we alway's make them PROUD of the sacrifices that they have made and are still making!!

You want to be great, Learn how to heal people, To hurt people is easy

Be Kinder then you have to be,you never know what battle someone else is fighting~~~
~~~~Martrys song~~~~~
~~~~My Deliverer~~~~~~

#7 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  

Posted 26 May 2009 - 12:08 AM

I offer heartfelt THANKS for all who served in the Armed Forces - especially those who gave their lives, suffered disabilities, were prisoners of war, etc. We owe them a tremendous debt of gratitude and remember them on this special day!
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users