Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Just an old confussed person

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Mrwonderful

Mrwonderful

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:26 AM

Posted 21 May 2009 - 01:10 PM

:thumbsup: Just trying to introduce myself. I'm a 65 yr. old computer idiot. I have been using compuyter since the Commodore 64 and I still come across many things I don't know anything about. I intend to use this forum to learn what ever I can get through this thick head. I have just built my first computer and after many mistakes it actually works. It's uses an FXF nForce 790i Ultra SLI motherboard, a Q6600 core 2 Quad CPU, 8GB OZC DDR3 Dual Channel memory, a Thermalright 120 Ultra cooler, GeForce 9800 GTX Nvidia Graphics card, has a Vista 64 Utimate all in a Cooler Master HAF 932 case. I wanted to have at least one computer I could be somewhat proud of instead of an HP, Dell, or othername brand. I will have many questions but I really want you to know that I appreciate any, ANY, thing I learn here. Thanks for reading about me.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 21 May 2009 - 04:01 PM

Welcome to Bleeping Computer.

Please take the time, to browse the New User Orientation forum, to help familiarize yourself with how the board works.

Also, don't forget to check out the Tutorials.
There's a lot of very useful information, in there.
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 AM

Posted 21 May 2009 - 05:23 PM

Building your own computer has probably taught you a great many things; hopefully, the information here at BC will add to your knowledge.
Welcome to this friendly user community!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 vietnamvisasupport

vietnamvisasupport

• Banned
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 AM

Posted 22 May 2009 - 02:38 AM

hello, welcome to bleepingcomputer.

#5 Mrwonderful

Mrwonderful
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 30 August 2009 - 03:25 PM

hello, welcome to bleepingcomputer.

Hi, back and thank you for your welcome. I'm sorry I did not answer sooner but I just discovered the emal message stuck in Google mail. :thumbsup:
Are you Vietnamese? I was in your counrty many years ago. I was an American solder but was only in country 2 weeks and that was in 1969. My father was dieing of cancer and I was sent back home to take care of my mother and two sisters. I remember being scared of all the rockets and mortars. It was very warm and wet and I'm glad that prt of my life is over. Where you or your family involved in that terrible time? I was drafted and did not have any choice unless I was willing to give up my citizenship and move to Canada. I hated the Army and everything thing about it. Your country is beautiful and the few people I met were very nice. I have never left America since I got out of the service. Have you had any travel experiences? I love computing because you can talk to so many people around the world and you find some very good people. If you find me interesting at all give me a new shout and I'll get back to you. Thanks again for the welcome.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users