Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unusual Problem Accessing A Web Site

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Shoban Sen

Shoban Sen

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:39 AM

Posted 20 May 2009 - 05:49 PM

I can access the site located at http://www.worldisround.com/ from my home computer with AOL browser only, but my other 3 browsers, namely IE 7, Firefox 3, and Chrome say "Website not found". I tested from many other outside computers at office, friends' homes, and public libraries. The website is visible from all other computers. So why can I not see it from my home computer using the above named browsers? I cleared cache, restarted the computer many times. This problem is going on for weeks now. Firewall cannot be an issue (I think) because I can see the site from the same computer with AOL browser! (I can see all other sites with my other browsers, just not this one.) Any explanation or remedy you can think of? Please also try to see the site with your computer.

My operating system is Windows XP. I experience no other problem whatsoever with my computer. And I get all automatic updates from Microsoft for all all its products. I have uptodate Norton Internet Security and I have run full-system scan several times ever since I discovered the problem to rule out virus as a possble cause. My computer has no virus. I maintain my computer well. I use cable broadband service (high speed Internet) provided by Comcast.
~Shoban Sen~
I am always learning ...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users