Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

bum install of XP?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 curtis73

curtis73

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:52 AM

Posted 20 May 2009 - 12:00 PM

I recently reformatted my desktop and I have an interesting issue (well, several, but only this one that is really annoying)

Whenever I open nearly anything, I used to be able to use either the keyboard or mouse buttons to page up/page down. After this formatting, I have to click in the field before it will page up or down and it gives me a flashing cursor.

For instance, in firefox, I used to be able to open it and once the page loaded I just hit page down to scroll. Now I have to click on the page which gives me a cursor in the body of the page and then I can scroll the cursor. Sometimes it still won't let me scroll. It will try to scroll but instantly snap back. Tried three different mice and two different drivers, but the fact that its the same with the keyboard and the mouse, and its the same with FF, IE, Adobe, outlook express, and all other programs suggests that its something with XP. Thoughts on how to fix?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users