Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

total system freeze, keyboard & trackpad unreponsive

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 modernape

modernape

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:37 PM

Posted 20 May 2009 - 10:39 AM

I've had this total freeze problem for months, but it just happens occasionally, where the keyboard and trackpad just become totally unresponsive, task manager won't come up, CTRL+ALT+DEL does nothing, the screen is still on, just frozen, it won't even sleep when I close the lid. This is a HP dv2600 with Vista HP 32 bit SP1, all the latest drivers installed inc nvidia 185.

I've looked in the event viewer after rebooting each time it happens, but can't see anything other than reports of the last shutdown being unexpected (from me holding the power button down).

Everything else works fine, I've run Avira premium for over a year on a standard user account, so I doubt its a virus, as that says everything is clean, as does AdAware.

I've tried 'reliability and performance monitor' too, but that won't work - "Internet Explorer cannot download, the system cannot find the file specified" is the error message I get there.

So I'm a bit stumped really, any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users