My wife has decided to move the furniture around in the house. This leaves the computer on the wall without a wired connection to my router. I could go wireless but I decided to install a wall outlet.
My questions are about the order of the eight wires in the cable.
1) What is the order I should use in the wall outlet?
2) What is the order I should use in the plug that is uses to plug into the router.
I have an old cable that seems to show this order;
1) White with orange
3) White with Blue
5) White with Green
7) White with Brown
I tried this and it doesn't work.
In summary I have;
1) New outlet connected to cable.
2) New cable connected to plug (RJ45?)
3) New plug plugs into old router.
4) Old Router that is current connected via wire to another computer. Working fine!
5) Old computer connected to new outlet via store bought cable.
Edited by IdMnstr, 20 May 2009 - 10:00 AM.