Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

MSN Virus issue

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 xandersg

xandersg

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:34 AM

Posted 20 May 2009 - 09:27 AM

Hi to all,

Selected friends on my MSN messenger list report a series of offensive messages from my MSN to theirs (links to restricted sites, p*rn sites/links etc). I installed AVG and Zone Alarm (at the same time in the hope it would remove the virus/malware etc), my friends still report the same issues.

MSN is installed on two PCs, my desktop and laptop, will I need to perform similar checks on both PCs or can we find the fault from the Desktop PC Hijackthis Log ?

Appreciate all help and support offered.

Xander

Edited by quietman7, 20 May 2009 - 10:02 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Stofzuiger

Stofzuiger

• Members
  • 332 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:34 PM

Posted 20 May 2009 - 09:37 AM

This is not the right section, please make a start a new topic in the "Am I infected, what do I do?" section of this forum, please note all your symptoms (what makes you think you're infected?) down in your new topic there. Please do not include an HJT log (only use such tools when your told to by an expert) and please refrain from using 2 anti-virusses at the same time. Someone with enough knowledge there will help you further.

For an complete explanation on what you should post on your new topic:take a look here.

Every one goes fun fun fun

Who is this doin' this synthetic type of alpha beta psychedelic bleepin'? ~Chemical Brothers - Elektrobank

#3 xandersg

xandersg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:34 AM

Posted 20 May 2009 - 09:46 AM

Thank you Stofzuiger, will take on your advice.

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:34 PM

Posted 20 May 2009 - 10:02 AM

I have already responded in your other thread here. Please do not start new threads or duplicate topics as this causes confusion and makes it more difficult to get the help you need to resolve your issues. I have also removed your HijackThis log as they are not permitted in this forum. If you post a HijackThis log, I will have to close your other thread until you are cleared by the HJT Team.

Thanks for your cooperation.

This thread is closed. If you have any questions. Please PM me or another Moderator.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users