Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

want to know if it is ok to delete sertain files

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 maggot

maggot

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:40 PM

Posted 26 June 2005 - 09:54 PM

Hello. I ran a virus scan and it found two infected files which it could not 'heal'. I want to know if these files are something that would hurt my computer if deleted, otherwise something I need.

Here are the two files.
-C:\Documents and Settings\Supervisor\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\javapi\v1.0\jar
when I go to the file location, they both bring me to that address ^.

And if I should delete these files, how do I do it manually? Your help would be greatly apreciated. Thank you!.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Ronbo

Ronbo

• Members
  • 333 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2005 - 10:19 PM

Yes you can delete those files manually. To get to where those files are located you can either set your computer to show hidden files and folders and navigate there by hand, (you have show hidden files or you will not be able to navigate to this location because it is inside a hidden folder). Or you can copy this address to your clipboard C:\Documents and Settings\Supervisor\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\javapi\v1.0\jar, then go to My Computer and paste it into the address bar, hit enter and be taken right to that location on your computer.

Once in that folder you can just delete the files in question, deleting them will not harm anything. The Java cache is a storage area it uses to put files temporarily to speed up its own application, not unlike what your browser does by putting files into its own cache so the next time you visit a web site it doesn't have download the whole page again.
There is no justice, there is just us.

#3 TEB

TEB

• Banned
  • 449 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2005 - 10:28 PM

or instead of trying to get there through explorer, go to:

Control Panel>>Double click the java icon>>Then click delete temporary files.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users