Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

IE 6: "Cannot find server"

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 k_w53

k_w53

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:09 AM

Posted 26 June 2005 - 09:17 PM

I can't use IE 6. I got "Hijacked" and cleaned up my computer with one of the moderators of the malware group, but I still can't get IE going. Anyone with suggestions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fastflame

fastflame

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:09 AM

Posted 29 June 2005 - 03:55 PM

Can't help you cause I seem to be running into the same or similar problem, so I'm really interested in what advice you get. Bought my daughter a new computer a month ago. Same model my son bought the month before. We changed from a dial up to a cable modem ISP using a four port router. He has had no problems, but she has and a number of them, including the "Internet optimizer" demon that showed up and I think we got rid of. Had everything working dandy until the demon arrived. Got that cleaned up (I think) and then got everything working again until a few days ago. My boy's machine and connection are working fine, but my daughter's IE doesn't seem to see the internet although her machine says the connection is there.

She has a mild learning disability and she relies heavily on the internet for entertainment.

Any help I can get would be a life saver. Don't want to have to do another "restore" like we had to do for the first problem (Machine stopped booting up).

#3 Wendy K. Walker

Wendy K. Walker

• Members
  • 633 posts
  •  
  • Location:In The Treeline 300 Yards Behind You, Tracking Your Every Move Through A Sniper Scope
  • Local time:11:09 AM

Posted 02 July 2005 - 07:58 PM

Hi, k_w53, Hey you should maybe jump over to the post that fastflame put up, and check out the reply that the moderator put on there.

There is a lot of good info in it. Bye Wendy
TRUST NO ONE...! EXCEPT For The Beloved Computer Geek Helping You In The MALWARE FORUMS.

Do Unto Others Before They Have A Chance To Do Unto You.

HP Pavilion 512n [Rescued from a pile of trash on the side of the road] 128 MB SDRAM, 60 GB Hard Drive, Windows XP, Home Edition, SP3, COMODO Anti Vitus and Firewall.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users