Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hewlett Packard Computer

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Desert Eagle

Desert Eagle

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:58 PM

Posted 20 May 2009 - 01:08 AM

I am building a customized HP computer from www.shopping.hp.com

I will probably buy it during the summer :]
Anyways here are the specs. Please drop some comments, criticism, and your star rating (out of 5 stars) for these specs.

My computer is customized for entertainment/gaming reasons. Current games I have are; The Settlers VI, Civilization III & IV, Counter-Strike 1.6 & Source, Sim City 4. I want to be able to play it at a stable speed without any performance issue/lag. Right now I have those issues since this computer, so to say.. Crap.

Operating system:
Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium with Service Pack 1 (64-bit)

Processor:
AMD Phenom™ II X4 940 quad-core processor [3.0GHz]

Memory:
FREE UPGRADE! 4GB DDR2-800MHz dual channel SDRAM [4x1024] from 3GB

Hard drive:
320GB 7200 rpm SATA 3Gb/s hard drive

Graphics card:
1GB NVIDIA GeForce 9800GT [2 DVI, HDMI and VGA adapters]

Primary optical drive:
LightScribe 16X max. DVD+/-R/RW SuperMulti drive

All this comes at about $1100.

(Moderator edit: post moved to more appropriate forum. jgw)

Edited by jgweed, 20 May 2009 - 07:52 AM.

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 karl2002

karl2002

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:58 PM

Posted 20 May 2009 - 02:32 PM

Seems ok but im going to be honest with you...you probs could build that for half tha tmoney and even it will be more powerufll than that one for less money.

#3 karl2002

karl2002

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:58 PM

Posted 20 May 2009 - 02:33 PM

And them games arnt really the most demanding games out there by far

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,556 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:58 PM

Posted 20 May 2009 - 03:31 PM

I just have a suggestion for anyone considering installing Vista on a computer...at this point in time.

Vista has already been superceded by the RC1 version of Windows 7, which (from what I read) will probably be released Sep/Oct 09. The RC1 version is freely available to anyone who wants to install it right now at Welcome to Windows 7 - http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/ . For those who don't know...RC1 means that this is not the final version. For all intents and purposes, it should be considered a beta until the final version is released.

FWIW.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users