Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dell Latitude C640: Faulty Monitor

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Fett 1138

Fett 1138

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:06 AM

Posted 19 May 2009 - 10:03 PM

I have a Dell Latitude C640 laptop, it was given to me used so I don't know much about it, but when I close the lid, if the computer is on, and then open it later, the screen WILL NOT work. Does anyone know anything about this issue, is it common, can it be fixed?

Edited by Fett 1138, 20 May 2009 - 02:31 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 funnytim

funnytim

• Members
  • 624 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:06 AM

Posted 21 May 2009 - 08:59 PM

This might seem obvious, but did you try pressing a key/clicking touchpad after you opened the lid? Laptops usually go into sleep mode when you close the lid, and some may not wake up automatically.

How do you otherwise get it to work again (if you did)?

#3 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,130 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:06 AM

Posted 28 May 2009 - 08:35 PM

Along with the above mentioned check the little switch located near the edge of the laptop when the lid closes this button is pressed to turn off the monitor make sure it isnt getting stuck.
Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users