Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is there a PC optimizer or monitor program you trust?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 yorocco7

yorocco7

• Members
  • 166 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:46 PM

Posted 19 May 2009 - 02:15 PM

Hi, I've recently had issues with my Laptop shutting down abruptly. I figured it could be Heat sync. I blow it out the best I could with Computer canned air today. I was looking for a program that monitors my Temp & fan speed while I work. I got Speedfan but it does not recognize my fan/fans. I get the temp from PC Wizard (42-57C) but it doesn't see the fans either. It got me thinking about all those "All-in-One" programs that fix registry issues & clean up your system. I've heard conflicting info. I heard they really help, but others say they are a waste & slow your system down. I thought I'd get get some advice here.
-Any program or programs you'd recommend to help my laptop run better?
(preferably with something that tracks real time Temp & Fan speed)
Thanks!
---------------
Toshiba-Satellite L25-Vista Biz Serv pack1-Celeron M 1.5Ghz-2Ghz Ram-Always have 5-6 FireFox windows open-Outlook 2007 open all day.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TallyHo

TallyHo

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:46 PM

Posted 22 May 2009 - 10:28 AM

FireFox windows open-Outlook 2007 open all day.

:thumbsup:

???? maybe ....LOL

:flowers:

#3 TallyHo

TallyHo

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:46 PM

Posted 22 May 2009 - 10:34 AM

"All-in-One" programs that fix registry issues & clean up your system

BTW..

i use tuneup utilities, but any of what your referring to ( reg editors etc.) should only be used by
seasoned, well informed, errrr, backup freaks......

:thumbsup:

#4 rowal5555

rowal5555

Just enough info to be armed & dangerous...

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:46 PM

Posted 25 May 2009 - 04:24 AM

On principle, BC does not recommend the use of any type of Registry Cleaner due to the fact that they can render your machine unbootable.
You may use one hundreds of times without a problem, and then Bingo!! Simply not worth the risk. There are numerous posts on this subject.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...t&p=1256046

Edited by rowal5555, 25 May 2009 - 05:41 AM.

rowal5555 (Rob )                                                             

Avid supporter of Bleeping Computer's
Team 38444

You can help find a cure

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users