Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Searching for a PSU

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Deftones213

Deftones213

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:49 PM

Posted 26 June 2005 - 06:39 PM

I'm planning on upgrading my system and I'm going from a p4 to a amd64 with PCI-E video card.

I'm looking for a psu that is pci-e ready, from 550-600 watt, and would like to have a smart cable design.

I would like to get this before i upgrade because my current psu is having voltage problems and is causing graphical glitches when i play games. so it will need to be able to run with my current set up. i don't think it will matter but i don't know too much about psu and with the new pci-e i don't know what new hookup it uses. so i have a few questions.

I've been to newegg, compusa, and various other places and haven't found exactly what im looking for. i did however find a 500w that thermaltake was selling but they do not offer it with 550 or 600w as of yet.

so my first question i guess would be. do any of you know of a psu that has what I'm looking for? (pci-e ready, capable of handling 2 pci-e nvidia graphic cards, 550-600watt, with a good smart cable design)

will i be able to use the new psu with my current setup? basicly the graphic cards (P4 3.06 533 fsb, ati x800 pro 256, 1gig (2x512) ddr ram, 2 hard drives, 1 CD burner, 1 DVD burner, sb audigy sound card) to (amd64 4000, nvidia 6800 512, everything else pretty much the same only i will get another gig of ram, possibly with the psu.

this link will take you to thermaltake psu and give you an idea on what I'm looking for. i like the multi connectors it looks like it has enough to cover just about anything Click here

thanks in advance for you time.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 junkdk

junkdk

• Members
  • 345 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2005 - 09:02 PM

Dear DEf,

I like the Thermalright you are thinking about. Comes with some cool added ware too.

Here is its competition
Antec

The Antec does not say what comes with it. I trust Antec and Thermalright.

Tough choice.

Let us know,

junkdk :thumbsup:
Your Hardware Guide.

#3 maj.stiffy

maj.stiffy

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2005 - 10:55 PM

you may want to take a look at this one:

http://www.pcpowercooling.com/products/vie...php?show=T51SLI

i have heard many good things about this company. their psu's are a little expensive but from what i've read of their reliablity and performance, it's probably worth the extra cash...also got everything sleeved up real nice instead of seeing ugly exposed wires that go everywhere in the case like weeds...
maj.stiffy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users