Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

need a intel(R) 82865G graphics controller

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bringfast

bringfast

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:46 AM

Posted 19 May 2009 - 10:41 AM

I was playing snap shot adventures the sercete to bird island. Everything was fine for a few days,I go back to play game and my computer tells me it can,t find my graphics controller Direct 3d graphics accelerator. the name of my graphics controller is intel® 82865G graphics controller I know its there somewhere because i had playedthis game before also I tried downloading a new one but the sites I seen dont have it or dont know what I,m looking for. Any ideas on how i can fix it in my computer or to down load it.

Edited by KoanYorel, 19 May 2009 - 10:52 AM.
Email address removed to protect from spam and worse

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 t3s

t3s

• Members
  • 628 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2009 - 11:12 AM

Have you tried here?

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Product_Fi...?ProductID=1044

“Technology does not drive change -- it enables change.”
-Unknown

"I'm a cannibal... I eat Crackers"

Hacker != Cracker

website is down until further notice. . . . 

#3 Tafter

Tafter

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2009 - 10:41 AM

I was having problems with the graphics with some of the games that i would play WOW.....CS and other game to say, and then from time to time it would just restart. Then about 1 month ago it would just restart when i would try and play a game so I just put in a new graphics card a GE-FORCE 9400 "express bus type" So i was thinking that it would run great, not great but it runs. Then i was thinking that i didnt have enough memory so i put in 2 more GB of RAM

The CPU that i have is a ALIEN WARE Intell "R" Pentium 4 3.60 GHz

It is 3yrs old but i would think that it should be running a lot better then what it is

So my yearly reformat came up, and i was just starting to reformat, and after i got out of the abyss "BOOM" it shuts down, and it takes about 20 mins to be able to reboot. I've never had a problem with the temp, i can't tell if it spikes when i try or not, and in my event viewer says nothing

Please help me out if you can, before i have to call in the pros

Edited by Tafter, 20 May 2009 - 10:42 AM.

#4 t3s

t3s

• Members
  • 628 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2009 - 12:56 PM

The other two popular issues with abrupt restarts is usually RAM and Hard Drive issues.

Try scanning your RAM with Memtest86.

Also... Advanced SystemCare Free is a good one I used to use all the time. It takes care of alot of things including scanning your HD.

Hope this helps. :thumbsup:

Edited by Newb4Life, 20 May 2009 - 12:56 PM.

“Technology does not drive change -- it enables change.”
-Unknown

"I'm a cannibal... I eat Crackers"

Hacker != Cracker

website is down until further notice. . . . 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users