Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blue Screen with error message

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 twinlady

twinlady

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:28 AM

Posted 19 May 2009 - 10:29 AM

EACH TIME I TURN ON MY COMPUTER, AFTER AWHILE IT FREEZES UP AND THEN WHEN I TRY TO RESTART IT, I GET NOTHING BUT BEEPING. THIS MORNING I TURNED IT ON AND GOT A BLUE SCREEN WITH THE FOLLOWING MESSAGE:

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
STOP: 0X000000D1 (OX06667350, 0X00000002,0X00000000,0XF7B8E2B8)

usbuhci.sys - address F7B8E2B8 base at F7B8B000, DATESTAMP 480254ce

beginning dump of physical memory
Physical memory dump complete
Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further assistance.

What can I do to stop my computer from freezing up and getting the blue screen? Do I have a virus? I took the computer to Office Depot for a check-up and they said everything was fine. When I continued to have the problem, I took it back and the technician said he believes it's the memory judging from the series of beeps the laptop sounds out.
Please tell me what I can do and if this is fixable without an enourmous cost involved?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,112 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 PM

Posted 19 May 2009 - 12:56 PM

Have you looked up the beep codes?

These are supposed to help pinpoint the problem and should be available at the website of the system manufacturer.

Beep code information may be available at the website of the system manufacturer.

http://kadaitcha.cx/xp/stop_error.html#0x000000D1

Typically, these errors point to driver problems, as you can see...but they can also indicate memory problems.

http://www.file.net/process/usbuhci.sys.html . I would verify the location and size of this file, in an effort to eliminate malware as the cause of your situation.

You can run Memtest86+ to check the status of your RAM. Download the file for the bootable .iso (.zip file) and then use an .iso-burn program to create a bootable CD. Insert the CD, change the boot options in the BIOS to boot from CD/DVD...and reboot. Minimum time to run this program should be no less than an hour, IMO. If errors are reflected, stop the program.

http://www.memtest.org/#downiso

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users