Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Battlefield 2

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 luciora

luciora

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:36 AM

Posted 19 May 2009 - 08:11 AM

I hadent played BF2 in a long while, and when i tried to play again, it got to the BF2 loading screen, and then instantly just closes.
I re installed and am having the same problem.

Any ideas?
Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:36 PM

Posted 19 May 2009 - 07:02 PM

Have you updated your drivers lately? Specifically, video and sound drivers?

Do you have any applications in the background that may cause issues with it? I use the program xfire, it's a chat program that records your game playing time, to chat with friends, and if I elt it detect my games and record my play time with them, it crashes them. You may also want to see if an ati-virus/anti-spyware or firewall program is causing issues with it
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#3 luciora

luciora
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2009 - 01:46 AM

Yeah i use xfire aswell, i've never had an issue with it in the past, but i will try with it off.
Also, all drivers are up to date, and firewall/virus/spyware programs have never been a problem, but again, ill try with them off.
Posted Image

#4 luciora

luciora
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2009 - 01:41 AM

Tried all the above, still dident work. any other ideas?
Posted Image

#5 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2009 - 08:38 AM

Uninstall the game, and delete all the files related to it. If you feel comfortable in doing so, remove the registry entries created by the game. You should know that if you delete something in your registry that you shouldn't have, it could corrupt your installation of windows.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#6 luciora

luciora
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 25 May 2009 - 03:23 AM

Ok, its fixed, thanks for your help sterling.
Posted Image

#7 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  

Posted 25 May 2009 - 05:43 PM

I'm glad everything worked for you! What ended up fixing it?

#8 onekiller691

onekiller691

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:36 AM

Posted 04 June 2009 - 12:21 PM

Whats your nick on BF2 and how often do you usually play? I dont play much any more but always nice to know people your playing with. More interesting talking to some one

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users