Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Toshiba laptops - do yourselves a favour and STAY AWAY FROM!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 reinhard_heydrich

reinhard_heydrich

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:37 PM

Posted 26 June 2005 - 05:10 PM

Toshiba Laptop - a very poor product with even poorer service!

I wanted to bring a problem to everyone's attention and hope you can avoid making our mistake.
For reference, the model name or number in question is the Toshiba Satellite M30 Laptop Computer. Here's my problem:
I own an 11-month-old Toshiba Satellite M30 Laptop.
The Hard Drive just burnt out on this $ 2,500 machine!! Very disappointing start!
But, an even more horrid experience awaited me.
After being lied to for 5 days straight on the availability of parts, I went to the Toshiba Service Department and
I was told, straight: We have no hard drives AND NO ETA!!??"
Just like that! The translation of such a statement is: " You are on your own, now, sucker!"
This, after being lied to on the phone for 5 days that the part must be in stock.
I had to take immediate action or loss of livelihood would have ensued.
The first independent computer shop I went into told me:
"It's just a well known scam. Toshiba just paid out $2.1 billion in the States for the very same thing. Their hard drives are absolute garbage. They just want you to buy a new drive. I can get one for you and install it in 1 day but it will cost you. I deal with Toshiba New Parts, they have them there but never through warranty"
$ 2,500 later (back and forth out of town for configuration disks, software, loading software, labour, intranet configuration software, new drive, data recovery under time constraints etc.) I have a new hard drive.
Then, friends found out through Internet searches that Toshiba has listed my very model as one with a defective factory installed drive.
Consequently, I found out that all Toshiba personnel I had talked to, pretended to want to help me, while perpetrating a scam!
Naturally, Toshiba did not inform me of that "notice" when I took the machine for IN WARRANTY service.
Now, I have a new Toshiba drive and fully expect it to burn out shortly.
Internet searches further revealed www. Thesquaekywheel.com, this site, I hate Toshiba, etc full of lamentations from duped consumers such as I.
It has been now 5 months. The list of complaints gets larger and larger. Toshiba stays mum.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Lanscader

Lanscader

• Members
  • 466 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:37 PM

Posted 26 June 2005 - 11:39 PM

I've got a 5-year old Satellite 2515CDS and it seems pretty much bulletproof...maybe they made them better back then :thumbsup:

"Sir Lord Baron von Vader-han?" ~ Eddie Izzard

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users