Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

images scrambled

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mejim

mejim

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:06 AM

Posted 19 May 2009 - 12:37 AM

I can't get about a third of my images to display correctly while visiting various web sites. This started about a month ago and I have tried several differenet things but I am out of ideas. Here is what my image might look like:
*I hope this generates the same image I see, lol.
Posted Image

I don't know if I have downloaded a new special defensive anti-spyware program or what. I have never seen this before tho. My display is set on "True Color" Resolution 1024-768

Here is my computer system info.

OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name xxxxxxxx
System Manufacturer Gateway
System Model E-4100
System Type X86-based PC
Processor x86 Family 15 Model 2 Stepping 9 GenuineIntel ~2394 Mhz
BIOS Version/Date Intel Corp. BF86510A.15A.0030.P05.0305220848, 5/22/2003
SMBIOS Version 2.3
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "5.1.2600.5512 (xpsp.080413-2111)"
User Name xxxxx
Time Zone Alaskan Daylight Time
Total Physical Memory 512.00 MB
Available Physical Memory 162.88 MB
Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB
Available Virtual Memory 1.96 GB
Page File Space 1.13 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Also, I have Avast free home edition, superantispyware, ad-aware, and sometimes I use my ATF-cleaner to get rid of junk.

Any advice appreciated.

Jim

Edited by mejim, 19 May 2009 - 12:39 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,230 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:06 AM

Posted 19 May 2009 - 07:37 AM

It helps if we know...what you have tried.

Display problems (logically) only have two possible sources...the monitor and the video card/chip.

It seems very odd that display problems of this sort...would be restricted to online behavior, IMO.

Have you checked Event Viewer for possible clues?

How To Use Event Viewer - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/40108/how-to-use-event-viewer/

Louis

#3 mejim

mejim
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:06 AM

Posted 19 May 2009 - 01:18 PM

Well, I have deleted temporary files and cashe's as much as I can with ATF-Cleaner. I have run Avast, thinking maybe it was some sort of infection. I have run SUPERantispyware free edition looking for stuff that usually only they can find. I have run LavaSofts Ad-aware, I have run Malwarebytes the anti-malware program. after all that, I did a registry clean up with Microsofts Regsrub XP. I checked my display settings and they seem to be okay.

I don't know why only about a third of the images have this problem. I can get them to load if I keep refreshing and eventually all the bits of information will be able to put together the image. But this is not convenient.

I know there are security issues associated with images and I know that microsoft recently put out a fix on some things because of a major security flaw. I also know that conficker was suppose to be a big deal and all anti-virus programs were busy gearing up defenses for it. So I wonder, did I download a bum fix, or did a bug download on me.

If my video card was not working correctly, I am confused on why the majority of the images will display.

So all the above causes me to come to bleeping computer and ask stupid questions I guess. While I am not a computer whiz, I am not exactly a computer dummie in the real sense of the word.

I like using IE 6 because that is what I am use to and it has worked well for me for some time.

Anyhow, I hope I have answered some of your inquiry.

Jim

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users