Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Live Mail won't start

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 cap2587

cap2587

• Members
  • 524 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:23 PM

Posted 18 May 2009 - 07:26 PM

I recently Installed Windows Live mail & messenger onto my Vista PC. When I went to open it, I got the following error code 0x80041161. Windows Live mail could not be started because msmail.dd could not be initialized. I have read everything about this error code and topic, but nothing has helped. I have uninstalled/reinstalled WLM completely. I am dual booting Vista and XP, not sure if that is a factor. Any ideas or links to solve my issue? Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Raith

Raith

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2009 - 08:21 PM

Have you tried opening WML as administrator? Vista is a pain with this. Right click on WML > run as administrator.

#3 cap2587

cap2587
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 524 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2009 - 09:30 PM

Tried that and it doesn't work! Thanks for the suggestion. I have tried everything that has been said in all of the written documentation on this error. Fingers crossed for a solution.

#4 Raith

Raith

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2009 - 09:33 PM

Is this build 14.0.0 etc? This one has considerably a lot of glitches.

#5 hulander

hulander

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:53 AM

Posted 19 May 2009 - 05:13 AM

I think that some kind of file is either missing or corrupt in your windows thats why msn messenger is not working on your system.I suggest you that you should reinstall your XP and i am sure that it will fix this problem.Posted Image

Edited by hulander, 19 May 2009 - 05:58 AM.

Technology Lover...Posted Image

#6 cap2587

cap2587
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 524 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2009 - 07:38 AM

I am running Windows Vista Ultimate! I have tried windows Live 2008 and 2009 with no luck. I think your right, but I don't want to reinstall Vista again just to make WLM work. There must be another way. I have other computer's that I can use for windows live. I do get the feeling that it's doubtful my problem can be fixed unless I reinstall Vista again. What about a repair install, that may work as it replaces any corrupt files. What do you think?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users