Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Registry errors

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Mr.lal

Mr.lal

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:13 AM

Posted 18 May 2009 - 07:03 PM

Hi everybody!

I'm new to this community & this is my 1st forum i'm posting it 2 U.

I 've 512mb RAM 80gb HDD & AMD semphron
I've dual boot in my system with xp professional & win 2003 server.
One day I download a game "crimson road" from "http://www.gametop.com/download-free-games/crimson-road/"
& installed it to play.(in win xp Pro)
Later i uninstalled the game & run a registry cleaner software 'jv16 powertools' & 'ccleaner' for complete uninstallation.
The next day when i switch on my PC ,I found the following errors occured in my PC:-
1) the dual boot option was not shown.Instead the screen was displaying
"Invalid boot . ini file
Boot from C:\windows"
Then it automatically loads the 'win xp pro' OS
2) no 'boot.ini' tab was there in 'msconfig.exe'
3) when i open 'system properties-Advanced-startup & recovery-settings'
it displays an error-"The c:\boot.ini file can not be opened. Operating system & Timeout settings can not be changed"
4) On the desktop, 'right click\New\Notepad' or 'New\word text document' option is not found.
5) when I try to create the 'Quick launch ' toolbar ,it displays an error:- "Cannot create the toolbar"

So please help me to fix all these issues.
Waiting for ur reply.
Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 xblindx

xblindx

• Banned
  • 1,923 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:43 PM

Posted 18 May 2009 - 08:00 PM

I'm just going to give you this warning, however in your case, its too late.

Registry cleaners are not necessary. Cleaning your registry will not result in noticeable speed improvements and should only be done if you are receiving errors. You should ALWAYS BACK UP your registry before making any changes to it. Different cleaners have different definitions of what "junk" is, and some can/will delete needed registry entries, corrupting the computer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users