Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Gateway Laptop has black screen when turned on

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 animepunk

animepunk

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:19 PM

Posted 18 May 2009 - 06:00 PM

I don't know if this is the right section to post in if its not you can move it.

I was on Facebook when a blue screen of death showed up, so i restarted my laptop. After i restarted it went to the screen where it asks if you want to start windows normally or you can choose safe mode, i pressed Enter on normal. But then it froze there so i restarted again but this time the screen was all black like the monitor was off, but it wasn't because on the bottom it had the blue light indicating it was on. Also i haven't installed any new hard drives or anything like that. So far all i tried was take the battery out and hold the power for 30-60 sec. Unless i did it wrong because i took out the rechargeable ion battery, hold for 30-60 sec, plugged in the ac adapter turned it on without battery ( still black screen ), put in battery turned on but still black screen.

My Gateway laptop is model W340UA, Windows Vista

Help is much appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users