Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Startup Keeps Looping

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 cgisharon

cgisharon

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:10 AM

Posted 18 May 2009 - 05:53 PM

HP Pavilion DV8000
AMD Turior ™ 64
1800MHz
1024MB Memory
Windows XP Media Center Edition (Corrected)

After attempting to load new software CD (original) it seemed to load okay until I attempted to add the 2nd CD. At that point I got a blue screen. Worked on it last night without error after turning computer off manually and restartng.

When I turned it on this morning cannot get back into windows at all. The Windows Banner shows then the Windows Options Menu.

The page for Windows Options shows to restart keeps looping after the windows banner but, none of them work and it does not boot from the windows cd or any cd.

Tried to go into setup and change to boot from CD but, cannot make the selection other than to boot from the hard drive option.

Edited by cgisharon, 18 May 2009 - 06:28 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Zllio

Zllio

• Members
  • 1,107 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:10 AM

Posted 24 May 2009 - 03:47 PM

Hi cgisharon,

When you go into the BIOS where you'd like to change your startup options to boot from CD and can't, can you make any change at all? Can you set the options for the bios to fail-safe?

Zllio

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users