Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

system fan error

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Robert writer

Robert writer

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:29 AM

Posted 18 May 2009 - 05:05 PM

I've been having a problem with my HP Media Center PC for the past two weeks. I get the error message "system fan has failed press f2..." I've brought the machine in for service but the techs have not been able to reproduce the error message OR find the cause of it. So far they've updated the BIOS, defragged, cleaned up the registry, ran several diagnostic packages AND replaced the power supply. With each adjustment the beast was returned to me as "repaired" but when I set it back up I still get the error message. Today the machine hung on boot-up (which it's done periodically) and when I rebooted I got the same error message "system fan has failed press f2..." Then I got smart and checked the system event log, which showed "error: source- ntfs event-55. I'm wondering now if this event error could be the source of the system fan failure error message. If it IS, then how come the techs couldn't find it AND how do I fix it?

Sorry this has been so long-winded. Thanks for any help. please email me at rbennett@enablingwords.com

-robert-

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users