Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Firefox Dropdown Menu

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 SillyGoose

SillyGoose

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:24 AM

Posted 18 May 2009 - 09:30 AM

Hi,

I am trying to delete the websites that appear in the address area's drop-down menu in Firefox 3.0.10. I use Crap Cleaner, and I also cleared all private data (all options selected) under firefox tools. These steps don't delete it.

I tried the steps here: [post="ehow.com"]http://www.ehow.com/how_4799550_up-drop-down-menus-firefox.html[/post]. What happens is the sites disappear temporarily when I use shift delete, but they come right back. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SillyGoose

SillyGoose
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2009 - 10:51 AM

If I follow the instructions that someone posted in the response here (about:config):
http://www.lifespy.com/2008/firefox-quick-...ss-bar-history/

I can stop the links from appearing in the drop-down. However, that also stops it from remembering new sites. If I change the number back to a positive, all the old sites appear again. This is not how it works with IE, where once the history is deleted, they don't appear, yet the new sites do appear.

So, is it possible to delete the old sites from appearing yet have new ones remembered?

Thanks.

#3 SillyGoose

SillyGoose
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2009 - 11:02 AM

OK, with history cleared, the items remembered in the drop-down box appear to be those that are also in my bookmarks. But why on earth it is selecting the few bookmarks that it does for appearing in the drop-down is beyond me. There appears no connection between those that appear. They are not recently added. They are not starting with the same letter. They are in different folders. Very weird.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users