Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't find download link for game

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 sausage

sausage

• Members
  • 388 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:12 AM

Posted 17 May 2009 - 10:38 PM

I remember like 8 or 9 years ago I would play a game on a windows 95 called clockwork, I only had the demo from AOL but I remember it vividly. (ok not REALLY vividly) you controlled a blue (or green?) clock hand that swung around little gray balls and you had to get to the end of each level while avoiding red clock hands. Later levels had cannonc (I think) does anyone remember this game? (or have a DL link prefferably
If I'm posting, I probably have something horribly wrong with my computer, there's no obvious explanation for it, that's just the way it is.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Doug E Fresh

Doug E Fresh

• Members
  • 224 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:12 AM

Posted 18 May 2009 - 01:27 PM

Here's a Flash version of a game called Clockwork. Probably not what you're looking for.
http://www.gamesolo.com/flash-game/clockwork.html

#3 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2009 - 04:40 PM

You're not thinking of Clockwork Knight are you?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clockwork_Knight

http://www.gametap.com/video-games/Clockwo...0000899-13.html
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#4 sausage

sausage
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 388 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2009 - 06:14 PM

No, and no.

Good tries though.

it's a top down game, has a gray background and doesn't really have any other graphics besides the red and blue clock hands

and if you wanted to know, I used to ahve a demo of it that I got off of AOL (I think...)

I will ask my uncle to make sure
If I'm posting, I probably have something horribly wrong with my computer, there's no obvious explanation for it, that's just the way it is.

#5 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2009 - 06:58 PM

This probably isn't it either
The Clockwork man game on AOL
http://games.aol.co.uk/view-game/game/the-clockwork-man/
All AOL games
http://games.aol.co.uk/browse-games/genre/all/
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#6 sausage

sausage
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 388 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2009 - 01:08 AM

Ok, let me list the games I know aren't right

Clockwork Orange (not really a game)

Clockwork madness

Clockwork man

Clockwork knight (1 AND 2)

Clockwork monster

Like I said I have done a very extensive search of google for this...

I like the tries thought :D

I am almost positive that it is just called clockwork but I can't find anything on it whatsoever

EDIT: I have also done some searches in DOS game libraries, came up with nothing... google images has nothing too...

I thought earlier that im out of my mind then I asked my brother about it, and he remembers it exactly as I do, so I hope we both aren't out of our minds right now...

Edited by sausage, 19 May 2009 - 01:21 AM.

#7 scff249

scff249

Indecisive Lurker

• Members
  • 1,319 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:12 AM

Posted 19 May 2009 - 01:45 AM

This is a freakishly huge longshot, but....Is this it? This is the closest thing I could find that could remotely be what you're describing, I think. Gameplay is about 48 seconds in.

If so, then there really wouldn't be much of a chance to get this game from the internet without emulation (which is illegal by most standards). The only way to get this game legitimately is with a Super Famicom and a copy of the game for it.

And, according to a Youtube comment, that person is probably also trying to find the same thing (unless that's you XD). I'm pretty sure this isn't it, though.

Edited by scff249, 19 May 2009 - 06:54 AM.

"Ototo'i wa usagi o mita no...Kino wa shika...Kyo wa anata." -Kotomi Ichinose (Clannad) [see below for translation]
"Day before yesterday I saw a rabbit, and yesterday a deer, and today, you." -The Dandelion Girl
"You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person." -Katawa Shoujo

#8 sausage

sausage
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 388 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2009 - 02:17 PM

thats really close, and yeah that guy is looking for exactly what im looking for

I figured it is spelled clockwerk not clockwork and still cant find it

#9 starcraftmaster

starcraftmaster

• Members
  • 1,109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:12 PM

Posted 26 May 2009 - 08:50 AM

This is a freakishly huge longshot, but....Is this it? This is the closest thing I could find that could remotely be what you're describing, I think. Gameplay is about 48 seconds in.

If so, then there really wouldn't be much of a chance to get this game from the internet without emulation (which is illegal by most standards). The only way to get this game legitimately is with a Super Famicom and a copy of the game for it.

And, according to a Youtube comment, that person is probably also trying to find the same thing (unless that's you XD). I'm pretty sure this isn't it, though.

if its alegal then how come AOL gave it to him lol

#10 Stofzuiger

Stofzuiger

• Members
  • 332 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:12 AM

Posted 26 May 2009 - 09:01 AM

Dang! im sure i know what game you mean, i've played at a friend of mine like 8 years ago. Though ='/ i really got no idea what the game is named

It was like, u played as a clockhand (im not sure if its a clock hand) and you had to go through a level, by passing other (moving?) clockhands right?

Edited by Stofzuiger, 26 May 2009 - 09:06 AM.

Every one goes fun fun fun

Who is this doin' this synthetic type of alpha beta psychedelic bleepin'? ~Chemical Brothers - Elektrobank

#11 Stofzuiger

Stofzuiger

• Members
  • 332 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:12 AM

Posted 26 May 2009 - 09:22 AM

OMG :D, i found it i think:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clockwerx
DL link: http://free-game-downloads.mosw.com/abando.../clockwerx.html
Posted Image
This is atleast what i was searching for, and im pretty sure it is what you was looking for.

Let me know if this was what you were looking for.

Every one goes fun fun fun

Who is this doin' this synthetic type of alpha beta psychedelic bleepin'? ~Chemical Brothers - Elektrobank

#12 scff249

scff249

Indecisive Lurker

• Members
  • 1,319 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:12 AM

Posted 26 May 2009 - 10:50 AM

if its alegal then how come AOL gave it to him lol

I was talking about the version I was showing him. The only two ways you can get that game is the use of a Super Famicom + a legal copy of the game (all from Japan as far as I can tell of it) or through ROMs and emulators, which the latter is illegal.

"Ototo'i wa usagi o mita no...Kino wa shika...Kyo wa anata." -Kotomi Ichinose (Clannad) [see below for translation]
"Day before yesterday I saw a rabbit, and yesterday a deer, and today, you." -The Dandelion Girl
"You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person." -Katawa Shoujo

#13 sausage

sausage
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 388 posts
  •  

Posted 26 May 2009 - 05:24 PM

SWEET tahnks :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users