Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Clogged nozzles on Epson R300

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ignorantmonkey

ignorantmonkey

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:58 PM

Posted 17 May 2009 - 06:13 PM

I have two of these machines: Epson Photo R300 printers. They have been working fine until they almost started failing to print properly. Suddenly the reds and yellows stopped printing, so I checked the ink levels and showed these cartridges (6 of them) were almost 50% filled, so then I started some head cleaning cycles to no solution; several head cleaning cycles went by and all of a sudden the cartridges started to show about 5-6% full, meaning the head cleaning cycles have in fact wasted precious usable ink. Then I tried what this guy said:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...l=epson+printer
to no positive results to be seen.
I then changed into a new set of cartridges (6 new ones) and run 2 head cleaning cycles. What happened? Nothing! Then I started to search on google for: "Clogged Epron Nozzles" and there were only ads for guys selling special made liquid cleaning solutions.
Trouble is that the nozzle assembly on these printers can't be easily disassembled but I am willing to give a try if somebody could give me some advise. So hope somebody could help to end this misery; I have also lots of new cartridge sets for these, so buying a new printer is not an option right now.
Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,221 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2009 - 08:02 PM

I have one suggestion. Try heating the tubes with a hair drier first to soften them and loosen the ink. then run the cleaner.. Also keep the prinyer off betwen uses.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 ignorantmonkey

ignorantmonkey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2009 - 09:06 AM

Will try that and post the results. Thanks.

#4 ignorantmonkey

ignorantmonkey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 28 May 2009 - 12:28 PM

Tried the hair blower thing without success... Maybe if I change to alcohol instead of these I have tried? ANy ideas?

#5 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,221 posts
  •  

Posted 28 May 2009 - 01:16 PM

Yes at this point switch to alcohol you will soon forget the problem exists. :thumbsup: sorry couldn't resist... Alcohol can be a successful cleaner. This suggestion is a bit of stretch as I havent tried it. But if you have a body or paint shop near by ,perhaps they'll give you a small amount of prepsol(pre paint) cleaner if you bring a small glass jar.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#6 ignorantmonkey

ignorantmonkey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  

Posted 28 May 2009 - 06:58 PM

Will redo again the whole thing....agdin and again...The black and cyan 100% are printing fine, but there is no sign of magentas nor yellows, even that when I did the cleaning it poured lots of reds and yellow stains on the cleaning towel I placed underneath the nozzle head assembly. Trouble is that I have 2 of these suckers: Epson Photo R300s and six sets of new ink cartridges...so getting rid of these evil machines is out of the $$$ question. Im considering buying a new Epson Artisan 700 ....Just haven't made my mind yet. I do lots of wedding and party DVDs, so I want these kind of machines that are capable of printing into the discs. Thanks and will keep on the fire line.

#7 riproy66

riproy66

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:58 AM

Posted 02 June 2009 - 06:44 PM

saw your prob get a program called SSC service utility not the german one there,s an english one can,t remember where i got my from google it, i yhink it cleans the head better and lets u reset the ink pad counter which can cause problems easy to use i.ve got 2 r300 use all the time on them run like clockwork and i do a lot of disc printing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users