Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

cmos battery problem

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mdoggy39

mdoggy39

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:17 AM

Posted 17 May 2009 - 01:20 PM

Hey guys, i have an older P4, generic computer, was getting low battery warning on boot. So i got a new battery, loaded defaults, and im still getting the warning, and clock is messed up.
What else would it be??

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:17 AM

Posted 17 May 2009 - 01:56 PM

You need to reset the time/date in the BIOS...and then save the BIOS changes. If you don't save the changes, nothing will have been accomplished.

Your BIOS will have directions for changing the time/date, follow those instructions.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=h...mp;aq=f&oq=

Louis

#3 fairjoeblue

fairjoeblue

• Members
  • 1,594 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2009 - 01:58 PM

I will assume you got the correct battery.

Check to make sure the battery is installed properly .

As for the time if you unplugged the unit [which I'm sure you did] & removed the battery you will need to go in the BIOS & reset the time .

Once you have set the time unplug the computer for a few minutes & then plug it back in.
If the time needs to be reset there is an issue with the battery not supplying power .
If the time is OK when you plug it back in there the battery is working.
OCZ StealthXstream 700W,Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R , E8500, Arctic Freezer Pro 7, 3GB G.Skill PC8500,Gigabyte Radeon HD 4850 OC [1GB ], Seagate 250GB SATA II X2 in RAID 0, Samsung SATA DVD burner.

#4 mdoggy39

mdoggy39
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2009 - 01:59 PM

yep i did that when i first put it in. But still getting the same problem.

ok, fairjoe, i will try that.

#5 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:17 PM

Posted 17 May 2009 - 03:06 PM

Make sure the plus side of the battery is facing up
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users