Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

trojan-spy.html.smitfraud.c

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bigdipr

bigdipr

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:30 PM

Posted 26 June 2005 - 06:31 AM

:thumbsup: on wed last week(06\22\05) my virus utility (avast) notified me on desktop that i was infected with this trojan spy smitfraud virus and i needed to run a scan immediately, which i did. abouit 2 min into the scan this trojan virus was detected and i was given about 6 choices as to how to deal with it. one of them was selete, i did, it asked ,are you sure, i said yes, it was a windows application file i think. anyway avast deleted it and three more trojans in windows right after that. since then my computer runs like bleep and i cant set wallpaper on my desktop over this security warning re: trojan smitfraud with the bsod as the background!! as a matter of fact my display properties window is missing all the tabs except "settings". its an abbreviated display dialogue box. finally i limped into my photo suite and set a picture as desktop background so i wouldn't have to look at the bsod background.. i have tried everything i know to restore my display dialogue box back to normal but to no success. uninstalled an re-installed my agp drivers, ran the disk repair utility from the help file, ive run avast (3hrs ea time) couple of more times.. no viruses. downloaded alternative virus scanners and run them multiple times(with avast disabled of course) no success. i use my computer mainly for gaming and since this happened it barely runs my favorites (ut2k4 an bf vietnam). i'm really depressed can anyone help??? please!!! my sincere thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:30 PM

Posted 26 June 2005 - 09:58 AM

You might give Grinler's fix a try.

Remove Smitfraud

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users