Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Networking Help for school

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jale43

Jale43

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:29 AM

Posted 17 May 2009 - 12:17 AM

Hello

I am taking a class and I need some help. I don't know anything about networking and I must solve the sceneria below. If anyone can help that would be appreciated

A company previously built without a firewall and using a workgroup is in the process of expanding to 100 employees and is against any major expense or changes. How would you argue the necessity of a Domain setup and adding a firewall? If the users will rotate machines and multiple people will be using each individual computer at different times, what are the major advantages to using a Domain controlled network? What are some of the concerns and disadvantages to switching to a domain network?
The company in the scenario is against major expenses and major changes. For argument's sake, how much money would you estimate it would cost to set up a Domain with a firewall? (Remember, there are well over 100 employees, all using PCs, sometimes different ones.)

Jale

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 37,112 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:29 AM

Posted 17 May 2009 - 12:25 AM

I am sorry, but we do not help folks with their homework.

This topic shall vanish shortly.

Orange Blossom ~ forum moderator
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Internet Security, NoScript Firefox ext.

animinionsmalltext.gif

#3 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:29 AM

Posted 17 May 2009 - 04:38 PM

How will it benefit you if we do your homework for you??

If you would like, you can research your project and post your ideas on how you would solve the problem and members might let you know whether or not the solutions You came up with are viable or not
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users