Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Fatal System Error

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 tseday

tseday

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:12 PM

Posted 16 May 2009 - 10:41 PM

upon my computer constantly freezing up and getting messages like .exe error and things, I restarted my computer.
When the computer restarted I got a blue screen that said this:

STOP: C000021a (fatal system error)
The windows logon process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of
0xc0000135 (0x00000000 0x00000000) The system has been shut down.

I tried to start my computer in safe mode and got this message:

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME

If this the first time you're seeing this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again follow these steps:

Check to make sure any hardware or software is properly installed.

If problem continues, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components restart your computer, press F8 to select advance start up options and then select safe mode.

Technical information:
STOP: 0X000000ED

So i pressed F8 and tried to go into safe mode but then i got this message:

Loading from PBR for descriptor 2...done
A disk read error occured
Press CTRL + ALT + DEL to restart

every time I restart my computer I get that above message.

What has happened to my computer? How can I fix it? I cant access anything.

THANKS.

-Camille

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:12 PM

Posted 17 May 2009 - 09:35 AM

Sounds like your hard drive went belly up
Go into your BIOS and see if it even shows up there
You can go to the support site of the hard drive manufacturer and in their drivers and downloads section they will have a diagnostic utility. You can burn to a CD and run it on your computer
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users