Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System Crash and Computer Unable to Reboot due Suspicious Spyware Protection

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 weilchild2

weilchild2

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:56 PM

Posted 16 May 2009 - 04:37 PM

So just yesterday, a strange computer protection application called "Privacy Center" found its way onto my Windows Vista system. It informed me, like a normal computer protection system would, that I had numerous cookie, viral and spiral infiltration into my system due possibly from visits to adult, explicit sites. I had visited no such sites.

It continued to hassle me from my sidebar, constantly telling me I had this dangerous situation on my computer. I finally accessed the system, and it looked fairly legitimate. It scanned my computer and than told me it could clean my system only if I updated my licenses for their protection on the internet. It would cost a significant amount of money to renew these license. I had never bought these "licenses" in the first place.

By now I was suspicious of the legitimacy of this protection (I know, took me long enough) and decided I would quit the program and deal with it later. When I tried to "x" out of it, a window popped up saying that it would be dangerous to not fix this now. Than a weird female voice came though my speakers and in a strange possibly Russian accent, told me that my system was under threat and that I needed to fix it right away.

Again I was rather alarmed and decided to check my own fire wall and system protection, but it found nothing on the system that was wrong. I found that my system, my internet, everything was working as normal, so I continued what I was doing. The "Privacy Center" continued to tell me from the sidebar that I had this problem I needed to fix, periodically ever 10 mins or so.

Later that night for whatever reason, my iTunes wouldn't open when I tried to. I decided to restart my system. The computer rebooted to the login page. I logged in and the system started to load. The computer was black while loading and then that female voice came over the speakers again, while nothing else was up. It said the same thing as before and then the "Privacy Center" applicaton alone loaded. It scanned like before but then froze in the middle of its scan. Nothing else would load, not even the Windows back system. I was able to access the task manager and ended the "Privacy Center" application, but it was the only thing running. When I end the PCenter window pops up telling me "pc.exe is not responding. I close that to because I cant do anything else. Then the screen goes blank except for the mouse. I can still access Windows Task manager, but nothing else. Several processes are running and I could end them if I wanted to, but I cant access anything else.

It does this every time I have tried to reboot.

I would really appreciate ANY help or advice that anyone has. I'm new to this site and not extraordinarily computer savvy (as you could probably tell), so i'll need pretty detailed instructions,if you can.

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:56 PM

Posted 16 May 2009 - 06:36 PM

Welcome to BC
What you have is a rouge spyware program

The process of cleaning your computer may require you to temporarily disable some security programs. If you are using SpyBot Search and Destroy, please refer to Note 2 at the bottom of this page.

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.
alternate download link 1
alternate download link 2
  • Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
  • Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
  • When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
  • When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:
    • Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    • Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Then click Finish.
MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.
  • If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself.
  • Press the OK button to close that box and continue.
  • If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.
On the Scanner tab:
  • Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.
  • Then click on the Scan button.
  • If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.
  • The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.
  • When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".
  • Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.
Back at the main Scanner screen:
  • Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
  • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.
  • The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
  • Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.
Note:
-- If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you may be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with the disinfection process. Regardless if prompted to restart the computer or not, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.

Note 2:
-- MBAM may make changes to your registry as part of its disinfection routine. If you're using other security programs that detect registry changes (like Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere with the fix or alert you after scanning with MBAM. Please disable such programs until disinfection is complete or permit them to allow the changes. To disable these programs, please view this topic: How To Temporarily Disable Your Anti-virus, Firewall And Anti-malware Programs
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 weilchild2

weilchild2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2009 - 04:53 PM

Thank you a ton!
Okay, so after following your instructions I can access files and open some programs (i.e. microsoft word). However, the Privacy Center thing is still the first and only thing to load on my computer when I boot up. And after I kill it via task manager, the screen remains vacant. What else should I do?

Here is the report your program gave me.

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.36
Database version: 1945
Windows 6.0.6000

5/17/2009 1:25:15 AM
mbam-log-2009-05-17 (01-25-15).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan
Objects scanned: 67791
Time elapsed: 13 minute(s), 36 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 61
Registry Values Infected: 4
Registry Data Items Infected: 2
Folders Infected: 6
Files Infected: 9

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\codecbho.codecplugin (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TypeLib\{84562fca-ee8b-4585-a1d1-eae97b23370e} (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{48e92754-2daf-4de4-8385-34f631580e9b} (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{a1c23ba2-8f20-4c01-b663-7ff2b3421194} (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{098716a9-0310-4cbe-bd64-b790a9761158} (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{098716a9-0310-4cbe-bd64-b790a9761158} (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{098716a9-0310-4cbe-bd64-b790a9761158} (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{d37d6c1a-7ba4-47f4-9bf2-75031e257df6} (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\codecbho.codecplugin.1 (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\codecbho.xmldomdocumenteventssink (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\codecbho.xmldomdocumenteventssink.1 (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\coresrv.lfgax (Adware.Zango) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\coresrv.lfgax.1 (Adware.Zango) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\shoppingreport.hbax (Adware.Shopping.Report) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\shoppingreport.hbax.1 (Adware.Shopping.Report) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\shoppingreport.hbinfoband (Adware.Shopping.Report) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\shoppingreport.hbinfoband.1 (Adware.Shopping.Report) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\shoppingreport.iebutton (Adware.Shopping.Report) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\shoppingreport.iebutton.1 (Adware.Shopping.Report) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\shoppingreport.iebuttona (Adware.Shopping.Report) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\shoppingreport.iebuttona.1 (Adware.Shopping.Report) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\shoppingreport.rprtctrl (Adware.Shopping.Report) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\shoppingreport.rprtctrl.1 (Adware.Shopping.Report) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{8ad9ad05-36be-4e40-ba62-5422eb0d02fb} (Adware.Shopping.Report) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{aebf09e2-0c15-43c8-99bf-928c645d98a0} (Adware.Shopping.Report) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Typelib\{cdca70d8-c6a6-49ee-9bed-7429d6c477a2} (Adware.Shopping.Report) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Typelib\{d136987f-e1c4-4ccc-a220-893df03ec5df} (Adware.Shopping.Report) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AppID\{f4406238-983a-4845-9053-f1d0007fd135} (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{c5428486-50a0-4a02-9d20-520b59a9f9b2} (Adware.Shopping.Report) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{c5428486-50a0-4a02-9d20-520b59a9f9b3} (Adware.Shopping.Report) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Software Notifier (Rogue.Multiple) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AppID\CodecBHO.DLL (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\RichVideoCodec (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\ShoppingReport (Adware.Shopping.Report) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ShoppingReport (Adware.Shopping.Report) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\zangosa (Adware.Zango) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\zangoax.clientdetector (Adware.Zango) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\zangoax.clientdetector.1 (Adware.Zango) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\zangoax.userprofiles (Adware.Zango) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\zangoax.userprofiles.1 (Adware.Zango) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\toolbar.toolbarctl (Adware.Zango) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\toolbar.toolbarctl.1 (Adware.Zango) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\toolbar.htmlmenuui (Adware.Zango) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\toolbar.htmlmenuui.1 (Adware.Zango) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\srv.coreservices (Adware.Zango) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\srv.coreservices.1 (Adware.Zango) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\instie.hbinstobj (Adware.Zango) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\instie.hbinstobj.1 (Adware.Zango) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\hostol.webmailsend (Adware.Zango) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\hostol.webmailsend.1 (Adware.Zango) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\hostol.mailanim (Adware.Zango) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\hostol.mailanim.1 (Adware.Zango) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\hostie.bho (Adware.Zango) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\hostie.bho.1 (Adware.Zango) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\hbr.hbmain (Adware.Zango) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\hbr.hbmain.1 (Adware.Zango) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\hbmain.commband (Adware.Zango) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\hbmain.commband.1 (Adware.Zango) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\coresrv.coreservices (Adware.Zango) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\coresrv.coreservices.1 (Adware.Zango) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Privacy center (Rogue.PrivacyCenter) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mozilla\Firefox\Extensions\Zango@Zango.com (Adware.Zango) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\originalwallpaper (Hijack.Wallpaper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\convertedwallpaper (Hijack.Wallpaper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\agent.exe (Trojan.Fraudtool) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Data Items Infected:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System\NoDispBackgroundPage (Hijack.DisplayProperties) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System\NoDispScrSavPage (Hijack.DisplayProperties) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Folders Infected:
C:\Program Files\ShoppingReport (Adware.Shopping.Report) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\ShoppingReport\Bin (Adware.Shopping.Report) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\ShoppingReport\Bin\2.5.0 (Adware.Shopping.Report) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\ProgramData\ZangoSA (Adware.Zango) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\RichVideoCodec (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\ProgramData\2ACA5CC3-0F83-453D-A079-1076FE1A8B65 (Adware.Seekmo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Files Infected:
C:\Windows\System32\RichVideoCodec.dll (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\ProgramData\ZangoSA\ZangoSA.dat (Adware.Zango) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\ProgramData\ZangoSA\ZangoSAAbout.mht (Adware.Zango) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\ProgramData\ZangoSA\ZangoSAau.dat (Adware.Zango) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\ProgramData\ZangoSA\ZangoSAEula.mht (Adware.Zango) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\ProgramData\ZangoSA\ZangoSA_kyf.dat (Adware.Zango) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\RichVideoCodec\dllscan.dll (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Windows\System32\phcpuqj0e75u.bmp (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\PC\agent.exe (Trojan.Fraudtool) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2009 - 05:49 PM

Update mbam and run a FULL scan
Please post the results

Then run SAS

ATF
Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune & save it to your desktop.
  • Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
  • Under Main "Select Files to Delete" choose: Select All.
  • Click the Empty Selected button.
  • If you use Firefox browser click Firefox at the top and choose: Select All
    If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
  • If you use Opera browser click Opera at the top and choose: Select All
    If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
  • Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.
Note: On Vista, "Windows Temp" is disabled. To empty "Windows Temp" ATF-Cleaner must be "Run as an Administrator".

------------------------------------

SAS,may take a long time to scan
Please download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware Free
  • Double-click SUPERAntiSypware.exe and use the default settings for installation.
  • An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.
  • If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here. Double-click on the hyperlink for Download Installer and save SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to your desktop. Then double-click on SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to install the definitions.)
  • In the Main Menu, click the Preferences... button.
  • Click the "General and Startup" tab, and under Start-up Options, make sure "Start SUPERAntiSpyware when Windows starts" box is unchecked.
  • Click the "Scanning Control" tab, and under Scanner Options, make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):
    • Close browsers before scanning.
    • Scan for tracking cookies.
    • Terminate memory threats before quarantining.
  • Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen and exit the program.
  • Do not run a scan just yet.
Reboot your computer in "Safe Mode" using the F8 method. To do this, restart your computer and after hearing your computer beep once during startup (but before the Windows icon appears) press the F8 key repeatedly. A menu will appear with several options. Use the arrow keys to navigate and select the option to run Windows in "Safe Mode".

Scan with SUPERAntiSpyware as follows:
  • Launch the program and back on the main screen, under "Scan for Harmful Software" click Scan your computer.
  • On the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive.
  • On the right, under "Complete Scan", choose Perform Complete Scan and click "Next".
  • After the scan is complete, a Scan Summary box will appear with potentially harmful items that were detected. Click "OK".
  • Make sure everything has a checkmark next to it and click "Next".
  • A notification will appear that "Quarantine and Removal is Complete". Click "OK" and then click the "Finish" button to return to the main menu.
  • If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes" and reboot normally.
  • To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.
    • Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.
    • Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.
    • If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log. A text file will open in your default text editor.
    • Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply.
  • Click Close to exit the program.

Mark
Posted Image

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits

#5 weilchild2

weilchild2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2009 - 06:30 PM

There has been no real change now except that the voice that greets me everytime I login is delayed about 20 seconds now
Also I could access any files while I was in "safe mode" so i couldn't run the SUPERAntiSpyware Scan. I ran it on the regular setting instead.
Here are the two logs.

SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log
http://www.superantispyware.com

Generated 05/20/2009 at 10:44 AM

Application Version : 4.26.1002

Core Rules Database Version : 3895
Trace Rules Database Version: 1843

Scan type : Complete Scan
Total Scan Time : 09:48:47

Memory items scanned : 510
Memory threats detected : 0
Registry items scanned : 7174
Registry threats detected : 15
File items scanned : 694270
File threats detected : 772

Adware.Zango Toolbar/Hb
C:\Users\Nick\AppData\Roaming\Zango

Adware.Zango/ShoppingReport
HKCR\CntntCntr.CntntDic
HKCR\CntntCntr.CntntDic\CLSID
HKCR\CntntCntr.CntntDic\CurVer
HKCR\CntntCntr.CntntDic.1
HKCR\CntntCntr.CntntDic.1\CLSID
HKCR\CntntCntr.CntntDisp
HKCR\CntntCntr.CntntDisp\CLSID
HKCR\CntntCntr.CntntDisp\CurVer
HKCR\CntntCntr.CntntDisp.1
HKCR\CntntCntr.CntntDisp.1\CLSID
HKCR\WeatherDPA.WeatherController
HKCR\WeatherDPA.WeatherController\CLSID
HKCR\WeatherDPA.WeatherController\CurVer
HKCR\WeatherDPA.WeatherController.1
HKCR\WeatherDPA.WeatherController.1\CLSID
C:\Users\Nick\AppData\Roaming\WeatherDPA\Weather\WeatherDPA\Weather_XML
C:\Users\Nick\AppData\Roaming\WeatherDPA\Weather\WeatherDPA
C:\Users\Nick\AppData\Roaming\WeatherDPA\Weather\WeatherStartup.xml
C:\Users\Nick\AppData\Roaming\WeatherDPA\Weather
C:\Users\Nick\AppData\Roaming\WeatherDPA

Rogue.PrivacyCenter
C:\Users\Nick\AppData\Roaming\PCenter\dbases\cg.dat
C:\Users\Nick\AppData\Roaming\PCenter\dbases\mw.dat
C:\Users\Nick\AppData\Roaming\PCenter\dbases\rd.dat
C:\Users\Nick\AppData\Roaming\PCenter\dbases\sc.dat
C:\Users\Nick\AppData\Roaming\PCenter\dbases\sm.dat
C:\Users\Nick\AppData\Roaming\PCenter\dbases\sp.dat
C:\Users\Nick\AppData\Roaming\PCenter\dbases
C:\Users\Nick\AppData\Roaming\PCenter\keys\cg.key
C:\Users\Nick\AppData\Roaming\PCenter\keys\rd.key
C:\Users\Nick\AppData\Roaming\PCenter\keys\sc.key
C:\Users\Nick\AppData\Roaming\PCenter\keys\sp.key
C:\Users\Nick\AppData\Roaming\PCenter\keys
C:\Users\Nick\AppData\Roaming\PCenter\temp\settings.ini
C:\Users\Nick\AppData\Roaming\PCenter\temp\spfilter
C:\Users\Nick\AppData\Roaming\PCenter\temp
C:\Users\Nick\AppData\Roaming\PCenter
C:\Users\Nick\Desktop\PCenter.lnk

Adware.Tracking Cookie
.perf.overture.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\hx1dkc5i.default\cookies.txt ]
.ads.pointroll.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\hx1dkc5i.default\cookies.txt ]
.ads.pointroll.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\hx1dkc5i.default\cookies.txt ]
.revsci.net [ C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\hx1dkc5i.default\cookies.txt ]
.revsci.net [ C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\hx1dkc5i.default\cookies.txt ]
.2o7.net [ C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\hx1dkc5i.default\cookies.txt ]
.perf.overture.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\hx1dkc5i.default\cookies.txt ]
.ads.pointroll.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\hx1dkc5i.default\cookies.txt ]
.ads.pointroll.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\hx1dkc5i.default\cookies.txt ]
.revsci.net [ C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\hx1dkc5i.default\cookies.txt ]
.revsci.net [ C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\hx1dkc5i.default\cookies.txt ]
.2o7.net [ C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\hx1dkc5i.default\cookies.txt ]
.perf.overture.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\hx1dkc5i.default\cookies.txt ]
.ads.pointroll.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\hx1dkc5i.default\cookies.txt ]
.ads.pointroll.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\hx1dkc5i.default\cookies.txt ]
.revsci.net [ C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\hx1dkc5i.default\cookies.txt ]
.revsci.net [ C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\hx1dkc5i.default\cookies.txt ]
.2o7.net [ C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\hx1dkc5i.default\cookies.txt ]
.perf.overture.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\hx1dkc5i.default\cookies.txt ]
.ads.pointroll.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\hx1dkc5i.default\cookies.txt ]
.ads.pointroll.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\hx1dkc5i.default\cookies.txt ]
.revsci.net [ C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\hx1dkc5i.default\cookies.txt ]
.revsci.net [ C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\hx1dkc5i.default\cookies.txt ]
.2o7.net [ C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\hx1dkc5i.default\cookies.txt ]
.perf.overture.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\hx1dkc5i.default\cookies.txt ]
.ads.pointroll.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\hx1dkc5i.default\cookies.txt ]
.ads.pointroll.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\hx1dkc5i.default\cookies.txt ]
.revsci.net [ C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\hx1dkc5i.default\cookies.txt ]
.revsci.net [ C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\hx1dkc5i.default\cookies.txt ]
.2o7.net [ C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\hx1dkc5i.default\cookies.txt ]
.perf.overture.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\hx1dkc5i.default\cookies.txt ]
.ads.pointroll.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\hx1dkc5i.default\cookies.txt ]
.ads.pointroll.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\hx1dkc5i.default\cookies.txt ]
.revsci.net [ C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\hx1dkc5i.default\cookies.txt ]
.revsci.net [ C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\hx1dkc5i.default\cookies.txt ]
.2o7.net [ C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\hx1dkc5i.default\cookies.txt ]
.perf.overture.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\hx1dkc5i.default\cookies.txt ]
.ads.pointroll.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\hx1dkc5i.default\cookies.txt ]
.ads.pointroll.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\hx1dkc5i.default\cookies.txt ]
.revsci.net [ C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\hx1dkc5i.default\cookies.txt ]
.revsci.net [ C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\hx1dkc5i.default\cookies.txt ]
.2o7.net [ C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\hx1dkc5i.default\cookies.txt ]
.perf.overture.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\hx1dkc5i.default\cookies.txt ]
.ads.pointroll.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\hx1dkc5i.default\cookies.txt ]
.ads.pointroll.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\hx1dkc5i.default\cookies.txt ]
.revsci.net [ C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\hx1dkc5i.default\cookies.txt ]
.revsci.net [ C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\hx1dkc5i.default\cookies.txt ]
.2o7.net [ C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Application Data\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\hx1dkc5i.default\cookies.txt ]
.perf.overture.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\hx1dkc5i.default\cookies.txt ]
.ads.pointroll.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\hx1dkc5i.default\cookies.txt ]
.ads.pointroll.com [ C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\hx1dkc5i.default\cookies.txt ]

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.36
Database version: 1945
Windows 6.0.6000

5/20/2009 1:59:52 PM
mbam-log-2009-05-20 (13-59-52).txt

Scan type: Full Scan (C:\|D:\|E:\|)
Objects scanned: 197484
Time elapsed: 2 hour(s), 56 minute(s), 13 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 1

Memory Processes Infected:

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:
C:\Program Files\PC\uninstall.exe (Rogue.Installer) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

#6 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2009 - 08:56 PM

Please download Dr.Web CureIt, the free version & save it to your desktop. DO NOT perform a scan yet.

Reboot your computer in "Safe Mode" using the F8 method. To do this, restart your computer and after hearing your computer beep once during startup (but before the Windows icon appears) press the F8 key repeatedly. A menu will appear with several options. Use the arrow keys to navigate and select the option to run Windows in "Safe Mode".

Scan with Dr.Web CureIt as follows:
  • Double-click on launch.exe to open the program and click Start. (There is no need to update if you just downloaded the most current version
  • Read the Virus check by DrWeb scanner prompt and click Ok where asked to Start scan now? Allow the setup.exe to load if asked by any of your security programs.
  • The Express scan will automatically begin.
    (This is a short scan of files currently running in memory, boot sectors, and targeted folders).
  • If prompted to dowload the Full version Free Trial, ignore and click the X to close the window.
  • If an infected object is found, you will be prompted to move anything that cannot be cured. Click Yes to All.
  • When complete, click Select All, then choose Cure > Move incurable.
    (This will move any detected files to the C:\Documents and Settings\userprofile\DoctorWeb\Quarantine folder if they can't be cured)
  • Now put a check next to Complete scan to scan all local disks and removable media.
  • In the top menu, click Settings > Change settings, and UNcheck "Heuristic analysis" under the "Scanning" tab, then click Ok.
  • Back at the main window, click the green arrow "Start Scanning" button on the right under the Dr.Web logo.
  • When the scan is complete, a message will be displayed at the bottom indicating if any viruses were found.
  • Click "Yes to all" if asked to cure or move the file(s) and select "Move incurable".
  • In the top menu, click file and choose save report list.
  • Save the DrWeb.csv report to your desktop.
  • Exit Dr.Web Cureit when done.
  • Important! Reboot your computer because it could be possible that files in use will be moved/deleted during reboot.
  • After reboot, post the contents of the log from Dr.Web in your next reply. (You can use Notepad to open the DrWeb.cvs report)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next, update mbam then exit all applications
Mbam needs to be the only thing running on your computer
Run a full scan and post the results along with the Dr. Web log
Mark
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users