Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Reason for Joining Bleeping Computer

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Poll: Reason for Joining Bleeping Computer (32 member(s) have cast votes)

Why did you join BC?

1. Problem with my computer (16 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

2. Share my knowledge about computers (2 votes [6.25%])

Percentage of vote: 6.25%

3. Meet fellow computer lovers (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. Learn more about computers (9 votes [28.12%])

Percentage of vote: 28.12%

5. Others (please specify) (5 votes [15.62%])

Percentage of vote: 15.62%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 cosmic_sniper05

cosmic_sniper05

• Members
  • 196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:34 AM

Posted 16 May 2009 - 03:46 PM

Let's see what's the top reason why we're here.

My story was about computer problem but as I stay in this community, I realized that there's more to this site than just asking questions. :thumbsup:

Edited: to correct spelling in poll ~ tg

Edited by tg1911, 16 May 2009 - 10:40 PM.

Let's have a mental fusion!
Let us do our part to make this world a truly symbiotic place.

For other computer problems, this blog might be helpful:
http://cosmicsniper.blogspot.com

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,259 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:34 PM

Posted 16 May 2009 - 11:49 PM

I put other. I had a problem with my old computer, found help on another site. But after a few months I noticed the moderators and some long timers, (now moderators) were very smart a** in replies to people on a regular basis. So I went looking for a better place and found this one. The people here are nice, polite and very helpful. I've tried to give my 2 cents when I could, but this place is the best I've found out there :thumbsup:
"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

#3 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2009 - 12:27 PM

It's actually very funny how I ended up here.

I was trying out new anti-virus programs/anti-spyware, when one of them brought up a new threat. I forget what the program was, but for some reason it said something about bleepingcomputer.com was the source. Something came across me(it probably wasn't the smartest idea, but I'm glad I did it), and I decided to look up the site. Once I got here, I found it to be just the opposite of what I was expecting.

I started looking through the forums and found vast knowledge of every aspects of computers! At the time, I knew almost nothing about computers, but was pretty interested with them (I think I was in 8th grade). Looking through the posts, I got even more interested and started following through on people upgrading their computers, and building them.

So here I am today, an advisor on the site, I have pretty good knowledge on the inner workings of a computer, and have even built my own computer, helped friends build theirs, and even made a few hundred bucks fixing/upgrading other peoples computers! I even plan on going to college for computer science/engineering, and having a career in the field. It's all thanks to this site, and some weird anti-virus program that for whatever reason, told me about this website! I really believe things happen for a reason :thumbsup: .
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#4 fairjoeblue

fairjoeblue

• Members
  • 1,594 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2009 - 01:08 PM

I belonged to another forum but had been reading BC a long time.
The forum I belonged to was changed & I didn't like the new format so I quit & joined BC .

[The forum I belonged to changed to a format similar to BC but with some stuff I simply didn't like]
OCZ StealthXstream 700W,Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R , E8500, Arctic Freezer Pro 7, 3GB G.Skill PC8500,Gigabyte Radeon HD 4850 OC [1GB ], Seagate 250GB SATA II X2 in RAID 0, Samsung SATA DVD burner.

#5 scff249

scff249

Indecisive Lurker

• Members
  • 1,319 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2009 - 07:16 AM

More or less a problem with my computer. One of the biggest things that got me involved was because I had issues with my computer from malware. Thankfully, some of the resources here (and stupidly doing self-cleanup) helped clean my computer. I'm still around because I enjoy this community (let alone that it's friendly).

"Ototo'i wa usagi o mita no...Kino wa shika...Kyo wa anata." -Kotomi Ichinose (Clannad) [see below for translation]
"Day before yesterday I saw a rabbit, and yesterday a deer, and today, you." -The Dandelion Girl
"You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person." -Katawa Shoujo

#6 Guest_Abacus 7_*

Guest_Abacus 7_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 18 May 2009 - 08:51 AM

:trumpet:

I put other.

I was a very large Poster on an American Forum, then I was suddenly considered Anti-American? Then Banned!

At least on BC People are treated equally, as Internationals should.

:thumbsup: :flowers:

#7 Doug E Fresh

Doug E Fresh

• Members
  • 224 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2009 - 12:22 PM

I've stumbled onto this site repeatedly, while doing Google searches for various computer related problems, and have often been tempted to add my $00.02
Oh, and I have questions, of course. :thumbsup:

#8 gr277

gr277

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:34 PM

Posted 18 May 2009 - 02:52 PM

Been a member since August 2007.
A very professional forum, which I follow daily trying to enrich my knowledge.
Basil
Καλημέρα φίλοι

Posted Image

#9 Shwmai

Shwmai

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:34 PM

Posted 19 May 2009 - 05:21 AM

Basically the same as Doug above, numerous Google searches for computer based problems
kept throwing up BP, so I started browsing the forums for months until I joined.

I like the format of BP, and the friendliness of its' helpers, there's a warmth here that
other similar sites seem to lack.

Shwmai

#10 E-Mu

E-Mu

Bleepin' Psychopomp

• Members
  • 1,386 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:34 PM

Posted 19 May 2009 - 10:29 AM

I came here to help out other computer users.

Found BC via Google, liked the look, lurked for a lil bit and then decided to join.

Got help with a couple of issues i was having and then been helping every since, apart from my recent breaks.
~ E-Mu ~

"Emu, You Moo, We All Moo for Emu!" <-- Thanks to Animal

"If at first you don't succeed; call it version 1.0"

#11 Herr_Noob

Herr_Noob

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:34 PM

Posted 19 May 2009 - 05:32 PM

Basically the same as Doug above, numerous Google searches for computer based problems
kept throwing up BP, so I started browsing the forums for months until I joined.

I like the format of BP, and the friendliness of its' helpers, there's a warmth here that
other similar sites seem to lack.

Shwmai

Same here, too good to be true that help is free in these days and how the economy is

I look forward to making some friends here!

#12 Lucas Edogawa

Lucas Edogawa

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:34 PM

Posted 19 May 2009 - 06:02 PM

The reason I am here is because of a computer problem like most people.
Also, whenever I search anything about computers on Google, this website always pops up somewhere on the first page.
I looked through this website and thought it was simply the best place to go for my computer problems.
I like this website for other things besides asking questions too. :thumbsup:
I really can't think of a signature.... wait this is a signature!

#13 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,323 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2009 - 10:57 AM

I first joned to remove an infection and have an HiJackThis log analyzed.. Thanks again Grinler... I never left.. :thumbsup:
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#14 ckcUser

ckcUser

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:34 PM

Posted 21 May 2009 - 04:12 AM

I discovered BleepingComputer thru another forum. It has a link to this site. So, here I am. :thumbsup:

#15 Epsynus

Epsynus

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:34 AM

Posted 22 May 2009 - 04:40 PM

I found bleeping computers by a mistake.
but happy that i did.
it has helped me expand my knowledge of computers & viruses
to even make me start battling against them ^^
Hello :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users