Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Do Adobe products run in Linux?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Doug E Fresh

Doug E Fresh

• Members
  • 224 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:43 AM

Posted 16 May 2009 - 01:35 PM

Does the Adobe Creative Suite CS3 and CS4 work in Linux?

I've been trying to ditch Vista in favor of something that will run better when I have 3 or 4 different Adobe programs running. I've considered Vista 64-bit, but have yet to do much research on it. I've researched and read about Linux, including the Pinned threads, and it seems like something I'd like to try. Not sure which version, as when I took the survey it came up with 5 or so that were 100% recommended. But regardless, if I can't run these graphic design programs, which are essential for my job, then Linux would be pointless for me.

My computer only struggles when I'm doing some heavy multi-tasking. I get the annoying 'low on virtual memory' pop-up. I have a 2.4 gig quad core and 4 gig of RAM. As of right now, I have only Firefox and Photoshop running and my system is using 1-3% CPU and 50% Physical Memory. If I were running InDesign and Illustrator as well I'd probably be somewhere in the 80% range for Virtual Memory.

Any help is appreciated, as I don't understand a whole lot about the way Linux really works.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2009 - 02:47 PM

Only Windows or Macs
http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/406/kb406240.html
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,259 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:43 AM

Posted 16 May 2009 - 03:17 PM

It appears that CS2 works well under WINE, but CS3 and 4 are not quite there yet.

#4 Doug E Fresh

Doug E Fresh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 224 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2009 - 03:30 PM

Well, that's a bummer. And judging by the WINE bug list it seems CS2 is shaky as well(not that I have that version anyway). Guess I'm stuck with Windows for the time being. Maybe I should "upgrade" to XP. :thumbsup:

Thanks for your help, guys. I appreciate it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users