Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem with applications going to not responding

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 cjs410052

cjs410052

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:19 PM

Posted 16 May 2009 - 11:51 AM

Two days ago everything worked fine but now when I click to start an installed game, it takes me to a black screen with a swirling cursor in the middle and I have to use the task manager to close the screen and get use of the cursor again. I would take this to the game forum except that when I am in AOL or IE8 just clicking on some item causing the current window to lighten up as if it had a film of white over it and I get a Not Responding message to the right of the program name in the window title bar. I lose all control of the cursor and cannot go anywhere except to controlaltdel to get out of the program. The only change I have made recently was my desktop icon names were fuzzy so I tried to sharpen them. But I don't know what else I could have done. Please help.
Cheryl

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 t3s

t3s

• Members
  • 628 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:19 PM

Posted 16 May 2009 - 01:31 PM

How did you post in this forum?

Do the programs crash before, during, or after you run the game?

Try holding alt, then hit tab, while you are in the game next time. That should minimise it more safely.

“Technology does not drive change -- it enables change.”
-Unknown

"I'm a cannibal... I eat Crackers"

Hacker != Cracker

website is down until further notice. . . . 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users