Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unusual Problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 gxviper

gxviper

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:53 AM

Posted 16 May 2009 - 11:14 AM

Recently I've experienced some unusual problem with my computer. Basically it's been operating real slowly, and I doubt it could be a virus. What it does is that when I click on a link the computer will freeze and not respond for about 20 seconds and then it's back to normal, it'll do this every few minutes or sometimes less than a minute. It started doing this a few days ago and I'm really getting frustrated.

If anyone could provide some advice or assistance for this particular problem, it'll be greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gxviper

gxviper
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:53 AM

Posted 16 May 2009 - 05:05 PM

bump

#3 gareth_f

gareth_f

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:53 PM

Posted 16 May 2009 - 05:35 PM

could be a hard drive problem, try running a diagnostic on it. i know WD has one called data lifeguard and i assume you can find something similar for other manufactures. also, try running a memtest.

#4 Stang777

Stang777

Just Hoping To Help

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:53 PM

Posted 17 May 2009 - 06:26 PM

I would try using System Restore to set the computers settings back to a few days before this problem started.

Start>Programs>Accessories>System Tools>System Restore

Once the program opens choose "Restore My Computer to a Previous Date" then choose a date that is a day or two or three before this problem started.

If it is a hard drive problem, this will not help but if it isn't, it might take care of it. I find using System Restore resolves a lot of odd problems that crop up

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users