Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What is this?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jgreg32

jgreg32

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:09 AM

Posted 25 June 2005 - 10:19 PM

I figured i would post this here too since its about a network. I was about to right click on my network places when i accidently double clicked it. what i found suprised me. it listed ftp://ftpez.ca.com/ folder in there. I never had anything in there before. I checked the folder properties and the folder was created the 20th when my little bro was using the comp. the only url i see he went to is dragongamez.com. Please help im worried that this may cause identity theft or something. I scanned with both ez virus and microsoft antisypware and came up with nothing. thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Rarehunter

Rarehunter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:09 AM

Posted 25 June 2005 - 10:40 PM

Hi buddy, this "url" (if it is it) seems to be a site to download an antispyware program called EZ Armor
Maybe you installed this software a time ago and you forgot it, or it came with your EZ Virus program. Otherwise it could be malware.

Rarehunter

Edited by Rarehunter, 25 June 2005 - 10:42 PM.

Rarehunter

#3 michaelbelew

michaelbelew

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:09 AM

Posted 28 June 2005 - 07:29 PM

When you visit a FTP site, that site is added to the MRU (most-recently-used) list. This is most likely not malware. I am 99.5% sure that this was not added by ant malware, but someone just click on a link somewhere. You can use CCleaner or CleanUp! to remove the MRU lists or if you would like to remove just the one URL from My Network Places, simply right click on it and choose Delete.

The URL that you posted "ftp://ftpez.ca.com/" is as Rarehunter stated for EZ Armor antivirus from Computer Associates. The site is registered to them and appears to be completly legitimate. Like I stated, it is very possiable that someone clicked on a link to the FTP site adding it to My Network Places.

Mike

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users