Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Contextual Precisead pop-up and/or Yoog Search

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 559Josh

559Josh

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:24 PM

Posted 16 May 2009 - 01:48 AM

OMFG...in all the world...millions (I'm sure) of FireFox Users...is there NOBODY who has found a solution for permanently removing the Precisead Pop-up & Yoog Search from FireFox and/or IE??? PLEASE tell me that there is a way to remove these 2 problems WITHOUT having to remove FireFox and/or IE.

I've been searching Google for a solution for months now...I've tried ALL of the Yoog removal solutions on Google as of today's date and NONE work to PERMANENTLY remove it. :thumbsup:

There's got to be someone somewhere that has found a solution.

PLEASE HELP US! BUT NO GUESSING!!!!!! I'm tired of wasting time removing stuff & editing my registry all just to have them come back upon restart.

I'm having this problem on 2 separate computers with the following basic specs:

Computer 1)
Windows XP
P4 3.1GHz
2GB DDR400
250GB PATA100
FireFox 3.0.10
IE 7.0.5730.11
AdAware Anniversary Edition 8.0.4
AVG Free 8.5
LimeWire 4.14.10 Pro
BitTorrent 6.1.2

Computer 2)
Windows XP x64
2- Opteron 285s
8GB DDR533 ECC
16TB SATA300 HDs
FireFox (not sure but it's the most current Version Avail...may be the same as Computer #1)
IE (not sure but it's the most current Version Avail...may be the same as Computer #1)
AdAware Anniversary Edition 8.0.4
AVG Free 8.5
LimeWire 5.???
BitTorrent (Not sure but it's a new version)

I have NO TOOLBARS of ANY KIND and NO Superfluous programs installed on either computer. I regularly go through the "Add-Ons" and Erase/Block/Disable add-ons that I'm unfamiliar with. I have my Internet Settings to "Prompt for 3rd Party Cookies" which I REGULARLY select "Block All" when the IE Pop-up Notification appears. I have all of my P2P programs "Port-Forwarded" in my Wireless Router Settings and I try to block all other communication to making hacking more difficult.

Thanks in advance,
559Josh

Edited by 559Josh, 16 May 2009 - 02:02 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:24 AM

Posted 16 May 2009 - 08:13 PM

So I can assume you have read the fix frommalwarebytes or majorgeeks?
http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.p...amp;#entry46438
http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=179159
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users