Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What is this?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jgreg32

jgreg32

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:38 PM

Posted 25 June 2005 - 08:44 PM

Hey guys, do any of u kno what this is ? ftp://ftpez.ca.com/ its under my network places. it was created on the 20th when my little bro was using my computer. I never had anything in my network places before. thanks a lot

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TEB

TEB

• Banned
  • 449 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2005 - 08:49 PM

This could be an attempt to remotely access your computer, or somone hooked up a computer within the range of your network and connected.

Scan with your antibitus and spyware apps to be sure.

#3 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2005 - 09:12 PM

Whatever it is it isn't good. Looks like a peer to peer connection set up to download/upload files directly to another computer or server.

Check your firewall and see if he gave it permission.

#4 jgreg32

jgreg32
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2005 - 09:39 PM

I scanned with ez virus and came up with nothing. any ideas on how to get rid of this? im worried about identity theft. my network is not wireless so noone can connect. the only url i see he went to is dragongamez.com. Thanks guys, should i just reinstal my windows so i complety remove this threat?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users