Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Weird Problem being experienced!!! URGENT HELP!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 richard_re

richard_re

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:43 AM

Posted 15 May 2009 - 06:21 PM

Okay, the problem is that windows is stuck on its loading page which shows the windows XP logo, now before anyone says anything, yes I know I should use the rebooting CD, but here is the real problem, my CD drive has not been working even before my PC stopped working, so the option of using the rebooting CD is out of the question, so does anybody have any other options IO could pursue..thank you very much in advance.

Richard :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 grassy

grassy

• Members
  • 309 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:43 PM

Posted 15 May 2009 - 08:47 PM

Would i be right in saying" get your cd drive fixed" :thumbsup: then you should be able to use your cd.

MY SYSTEM, IN-WIN 909 SILVER CASE, INTEL 3960X PROCESSOR,CORSAIR DOMINATOR 2133 RAM,RAMPAGE 4 EXTREME BLACK EDITION MOTHERBOARD, NVIDIA GTX980ti GRAPHICS CARD,,EK 980TI WATERBLOCK
CORSAIR FORCE SERIES GS 360GIG SSD,SANDISK EXTREME 480GIG SSD,SAMSUNG 180 GIG SSD,,BITSPOWER FITTINGS
2 B&W MM1 COMPUTER SPEAKERS,DELL U3011/30 INCH MONITOR,HEATKILLER PRO4 CPU WATERBLOCK,CORSAIR AX1200 POWER SUPPLY....

#3 fairjoeblue

fairjoeblue

• Members
  • 1,594 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 AM

Posted 15 May 2009 - 09:21 PM

Turn the computer on & start tapping the F8 key
It may take a few tries but you should get a screen offering stsrtup options
Use the arrow key[s] to hilite "Last known good configuration"
Press enter.

BTW, Get your CD drive fixed.
OCZ StealthXstream 700W,Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R , E8500, Arctic Freezer Pro 7, 3GB G.Skill PC8500,Gigabyte Radeon HD 4850 OC [1GB ], Seagate 250GB SATA II X2 in RAID 0, Samsung SATA DVD burner.

#4 ranger72

ranger72

• Members
  • 190 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:43 AM

Posted 16 May 2009 - 09:32 AM

Or by a new one! They are very cheap now
So Much To Learn; So Little Time To Learn It In!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users