Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Oh Hai ther!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 o.O?

o.O?

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:50 PM

Posted 15 May 2009 - 04:50 PM

Hello everyone, pretty excited to be here.
Got referred to here for tech support and seems like a really neat place.

First off, I'm wondering how one becomes an IT being able to solve/fix any of the problems that come up
I'm not terrible with computers, (I built my own PC) but when it comes to actual software and internal problems, I have no clue.

Any books or a list of posts/threads I should read that explains what I can do with registries, bios, and other configurations?

Second, someone please help me with my laptop problem :thumbsup:
(Posted in the Hijackthis logs/viruses/trojans subforum, but no replies)
My PC that I sent home is much worse and I'm looking to get help on both of them.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_The weatherman_*

Guest_The weatherman_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 15 May 2009 - 05:10 PM

Hi o.O?,

Welcome to Bleeping Computer, it's good to see you here.

If your unsure how this board works, please have a look in the New User Orientation forum.

There is also some most useful information in the Tutorials. :thumbsup:

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2009 - 06:25 PM

I think it fair to say that most knowledgeable Members will generally advise staying away from registry changes, since even a simple mistake can make your operating system inoperable. Bios changes are seldom necessary; but always look for expert help before you make changes even they are needed.
You may want to become familiar with some of the Tutorials (tabbed above), and take a quick look at the Startup List so you know the kinds of information to be found in it.
Welcome to BC!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 o.O?

o.O?
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:50 PM

Posted 15 May 2009 - 08:19 PM

Hi o.O?,

Welcome to Bleeping Computer, it's good to see you here.

If your unsure how this board works, please have a look in the New User Orientation forum.

There is also some most useful information in the Tutorials. :thumbsup:

Wow that tutorial looks way awesome. Looks like a must read

I think it fair to say that most knowledgeable Members will generally advise staying away from registry changes, since even a simple mistake can make your operating system inoperable. Bios changes are seldom necessary; but always look for expert help before you make changes even they are needed.

Yeah, I've been told that before :D

I just want to familiarize myself with them.
Aside from looking for "expert help" how do people that are experts get to where they are in the first place is my biggest question o.O

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users