Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Print Jobs Immediately Disappear From Queue, Blank Page Ejected

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 redwall_hp

redwall_hp

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:18 AM

Posted 15 May 2009 - 04:47 PM

I have a computer running XP SP3 with an HP PSC 2175 attached. It recently stopped working. Whenever I try to print something (even a test page) the job is added to the print queue, but immediately disappears. The printer then spits out a blank page. The printer itself works though. I can drop a page onto the scanner portion and press the Copy button, and I get a perfect copy. But I can't print anything from Windows, nor from the two laptops on the network (one Windows, one Mac OS X).

I've wiped out the drivers and reinstalled the printer multiple times, but it failed to fix it. I've been searching around for information, but haven't found a solution yet.

Anyone have any advice?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,565 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2009 - 06:27 PM

FWIW: Just because the scanner function on a device works...that doesn't mean that the printer function is working properly. Your comment about scanning...isn't logically sound.

All-in-ones seldom have all functions die at once.

If the job is added to the print queue...then seems to process but doesn't, my guess would be that the printer has gone into the great beyond.

Have you checked with any HP forums for such...with similar situations?

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 16 May 2009 - 11:26 AM.

#3 redwall_hp

redwall_hp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2009 - 09:42 PM

FWIW: Just because the scanner function on a device works...that doesn't mean that the printer function is working properly. Your comment about scanning...isn't logically sound.

All-in-ones seldom have all functions die at once.

If the job is added to the print queu...then seems to process but doesn't, my guess would be that the printer has gone into the great beyond.

Have you checked with any HP forums for such...with similar situations?

Louis

I'm not scanning. I'm using the copier functionality. It scans the page and prints it without even having to have a computer connected.

I've searched through HP.com, but I haven't found anything there.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,565 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2009 - 11:26 AM

OK...that would seem to point to a printer driver/software problem, if one assumes that the printer functionally works, but doesn't work when the print commands are employed on a system.

Have you checked Event Viewer for possible clues?

How To Use Event Viewer - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/40108/how-to-use-event-viewer/

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users