Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello From New York City...

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 yaga

yaga

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:55 AM

Posted 15 May 2009 - 03:33 PM

Hello Bleeping Computer,

Not my first time here, as i've been reading the forums for quite some time. I've GREATLY benefited from the freeware thread in one of the forums, the Vista section for various things, etc... so before i post a thread about my specific problem (which i have looked for a solution to but couldn't find one already posted), i just wanted to quickly stop in here & say thank you for all the help you guys have given me over the past few months. I couldn't thank you enough!

Quick profile...

I'm on a 64bit version of Vista on an HP Dv7 Pavilion (1245dx). A new pruchase in January (i know, it took me a week to get all the bloat out), it has a 2.1gig AMD TURION, w/4gigs of DDR2 RAM. Graphics card is an ATI RADEON HD 3200. In the future, i plan on moving this completely over to FreeBSD, installing a SSD Hard Drive (or maybe the WD Velocity Raptor), maxing out the RAM to 8 gigs of DDR3, & updating the graphics card, too.

Some of favorite programs are Adobe's Creative Suite (i'm a designer), SONAR7 by Cakewalk (i remix songs all the time... & do podcasts), Google Chrome, the Lynx browser, 7Zip, Sumatra PDF (because it's under 5mbs, while the Adobe Reader is something like 100mbs), ESET NOD32, & ZoneAlarm's Firewall (because i can't live without a firewall).

The most interesting thing to me about this site is watching users help other users successfully locating & removing malware. I guess i'm a nerd, but watching those threads unfold is FASCINATING. lol.

Take it easy!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:55 AM

Posted 15 May 2009 - 06:33 PM

Thanks for the very nice compliment and for joining BC!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users